Thread: Is it necessary to install Roxio in HP mini 110 ?

Is it necessary to install Roxio in HP mini 110 ?

Hi I have a HP mini 110 and in that I haven’t installed the Roxio software so I have heard that my machine won’t going to start without it. In fact I don’t know what is this software, what is its function in the machine to make it work or not. Actually the machine is switched off since I formatted it but haven’t installed any operating system, so do I install that software in the my notebook or not, please let me know what is the use of that software, thanks.

Re: Is it necessary to install Roxio in HP mini 110 ?

No dude this is absolutely wrong as you need the software for running the machine, and let me tell you that Roxio is the CD/ DV burning software, so even if you don’t install it in your machine, it won’t affect anything, the software is same as the nero and other, so you’d get the option such as to install it or not. But as far as burning the CD is concerning I would recommend you to have Nero only.

As the above user mentioned there is no need to have this software to run the notebook that you have, but make sure that you have a bootable disk to reinstall the operating system to your notebook, or get a DVD of the operating system from the store and then install it to your machine, and as this is not compulsory if you want to keep it in your machine, you can keep it for sure.

Hey thanks for the suggestion guys as I was worried because of that only, and that is why I was not installing any operating system in the machine, so thanks again guys, but will you please let me know which operating system shall I prefer for my HP mini? Because when I had purchased it, there were windows vista and was working perfectly, so do I install the same or is there any other recommendation still ?

The one that you have mentioned is also one of the good operating system but still you can have windows 7 for your PC, because in that you’ll get too many more functions and the too many enhancements. So if you have any setup then you can install it easily, but if you don’t have any you should install the vista first and then download the windows 7 in your machine in order to install it. If you are thinking that from where can I get it, then let me you that you’ll get it from the Microsoft’s official website.