Thread: Unable to add files while streaming files with Windows Media Player 11 to Xbox?

Unable to add files while streaming files with Windows Media Player 11 to Xbox?

Hey guys can you help me by letting me know how to add files in the windows player 11 while sharing the files to the xbox I have been doing this but I am not succeeded have anyone faced this problem before please tell me something about this I am really confuse because I am just stucked over at a place where my files are unable to added in the media library please help me what to do now?

re: Unable to add files while streaming files with Windows Media Player 11 to Xbox?

Ok so first I would be asking few of the question and according to that we would be working out so its like have you been using the home group one media player 11, and if this is the case than you need to just simply stream all the preference sorted out before joining it again and the then joining the homegroup will solve out your problem after the settings have been applied to it try this one out and see if helps you out.

re: Unable to add files while streaming files with Windows Media Player 11 to Xbox?

Well lets follow out with some steps and try to get help from that and hopefully it leads the way ok so first lets check the files sharing properties if they have been set properly and then folders also the folder where you media has been stored now if you have been sharing a folder with the SMB which is just on the right click on the share with option and then just check out if this is breaking the UPNP media sharing from the folder then we need to work upon it now just try to clean the library and the source of the library and then just delete everything from the windows media player and then we would clear the index cache and remove all the media folder from the indexing list and just restart the windows media player and again add the source to the library and let’s see if it is done this time.

I have some steps to follow while having a connection between Xbox and Media player and lets see if this helps ok so turn your Xbox 360 on and then start your windows media player 11 and then just right click in the border around the windows media player 11 which would bring the menu and then select the tools and then go to option and the option window should pop up and then select the Library Tab and then simply select the configure sharing button and then a media sharing should pop up and then select share my media the Xbox should appear in the box below the sharing and check mark widget then just select the Xbox 360 and click allow and then OK just follow these step and see if it helps.

I think to access the shared media content, which are necessary to establish trade relations between the Windows Media Connect digital media receiver (DMR), such as Xbox 360. This relationship may fail and may encounter problems when working with DMR devices, upgrading to Windows Media Player 11. This problem occurs because Windows Media Connect functionality has been incorporated into Media Player 11. This is why, when you must have been upgrade to Media Player 11, Windows Media Connect Version 1 and also Version 2 Windows Media Connect automatically updated. However, in the process of some of the old Windows Media Connect settings are not migrated to Media Player 11, and therefore can cause problems when trying to work with the DMR devices associated with them. You can fix this by recreating the exchanges between your system and the DMR device after updating to Media Player 11. After the terms of trade is restored, you can re-start the streaming audio, video and images from your system to the DMR devices.

Hey I have been with lot of trouble connecting my XBOX 360 to my PC with windows Vista. My Xbox 360 and my computer both were connected to a router via cables, that’s why I don’t think wireless would be the thing. Certainly if anything I would be getting to play, the connection would be disconnected in two minute or so, and then forcibly I have to restart everything again. Now Divx, MPEG-2 HD would not be played by my xbox 360, or even some WMV files, which is really strange. Considering one of the big selling points for Windows Vista for me was the Xbox 360 connectivity, I have to say it was a huge disappointment. In reality it is much easier for me to connect my laptop only to my PJ via VGA and the receiver via RCA audio cables to make things 360. It is also much more uncomfortable, but at least it works. What about the Media Center? You see all my videos and music very well. The only problem with my Windows Media Connect Media has a new router and has bought a new computer and says he sees the team, but connected to my old computer. But I see my team in the Media Center very well.

Re: Unable to add files while streaming files with Windows Media Player 11 to Xbox?

Some steps to follow to make it done its like just right click on the video section of your library and int he list on the left and then add the Folder which has been containing the files and then just click on organize and then manage the libraries. now all it to stream by clicking on the stream and then click on more streaming option and just enable the streaming if that has been asked to, now you got to find for the 360 option and then click on the customize and then instead of using the Default selected just select and make all the media available in the library of all the device.Now just to cross check you click on the properties and then the sharing tab and then click on the share button and select everyone from the drop down list and then click ADD and share do this for all the folders you want to share.