Thread: Domain verification and access on office 365

Domain verification and access on office 365

Hello everyone, I am a network engineer by profession and manage a network for a mid-size company but there has been a problem with the exchange e-mail that I have been using. Recently I thought of upgrading the our DNS server to Office 365 but as over company has 50 employees so that would be a very risky thing to implement that things without any prior information so will all the employee the of this domain email need to have a exchange software access ? And will the employees that are using outlook 2007 would still be able to access the e-mail that was present there.

Re: Domain verification and access on office 365

You will be generating a complete fresh domain. It will be separate from your older domain. If you authenticate and appropriately configure your companies mail server then, each and every one of the pupil that you whichever move around to this domain or generated in this domain, will after that be element of your new exchange online email system but those who are using outlook mail account would be benefited from this while other may not.

I think the answer to you this answer is yes as your are creating a new e-mail server without destroying the old one and there are the new old domain is a separate from the one that you have just created so I guess that is not the one that should affect your system , the employees of your company may still be able to access the mail server but they won ‘t be able to use the new service that you have just created an the user who have transfer their account from old to new one cannot use the old one and can use the same in a new manner .

I did not get your question properly did you mean to that your e-mail account ( I mean the existing one get affected with the older one then this straight answer to your question is number ) so sinorer to use the user to a new user account you need to be into a get their e-mail id and then manually migrate then on to the domain name that you have got , But as per my knowledge the existing system may not get affected .

But , I am more concerned about what would the other user do when it is connected to domain the I consider I encompass the information I require to verify possession of our domain excluding I do not desire to do this and cover our workforce that will not be using 365 , would then be left powerless to use electronic mail as they usually do. Is a fresh entry necessary in the settings of employees not using 365 ?

I have been using various user account and all seem to be working fine and that is more over r not affecting my existing system also , but , I think that would not be a difficult task to implement things as there if you set that correctly it won ‘t be difficult for you to setup and configure the office 365 correctly , but , I do recommend you to strongly research about the domain and other related attributes of your network before you implement office 365.

I am really sorry the replies that you have given me, but, I would surely like to thank you in personally when I met you guys but i need to think that there are many things that have changed after I used the suggestion that you have given me although nothing negative about them , but I still just hoped if someone could solved this problem in an easy way out , I just hope that everyone now goes fine till I learn to trouble shoot this properly .