Thread: MS word : How to change header of one page without affecting others

MS word : How to change header of one page without affecting others

I am having the book ready for the publisher. I require the header on the start part way in the book similar to the other pages and not to the beginning. I have searched of this on google but not got the solution for this. So I am posting this here so that I can hear some solution from you people. I am having both Word 2003 and 2007 with me so if you can provide me the solution for either of these two then it will do the job for me.

re: MS word : How to change header of one page without affecting others

You can simply convert that to the PDF. I am not sure that whether this will be convenient for you or not but I am sure that this is going to help you. In my case, I am having many of the photo-text documents in this method only. I always make the separate documents as well as PDF them and after that I merge the PDF. I am doing it by this way and so I am recommending you the same with the hope that this will help you as well.

If you are done with the formatting of the Word document then you can convert that to the PDF and then give that PDF file to the publisher. But before making the PDF, you should check that you are done with all the headers. I am saying that because once you convert that to the PDF then there cannot be more changes in the PDF and they will print them in the way you have converted them in the PDF. So this will be the best option for you and you should do it by this way only.

I think that the headers should be there on each page and that is the purpose of the headers. The only thing that I can tell you is that you can make a separate document. This is the only possible way that I can suggest you if you do not wish to make the PDF file. So make a separate file and after taking the prints you can arrange them in the way you want. This is a bit irritating but it’s the only possible way if you do not wish to make PDF.

You can make use of the section breaks to build a dissimilar headers as well as footers within the similar document. You can go to the Page Layout > Breaks > Section Breaks > Next Page. After that just go to the Header and Footer Design and from there navigate and click the Link to proceed. You will have to put in the new section break all the times when you are changing the header footer.

Start Word and pull up the document. Double-click the header to get the header / footer editing open. Copy all the information in the header to the clipboard. Click the button corresponding to the different first page in the menu design. The first page header / footer information disappears when you click OK. Paste the information in the header of the primary page that you copied toward the clipboard. Close editing header / footer and then click on Close.