Thread: How do I change default MRM policy in Microsoft office 365

How do I change default MRM policy in Microsoft office 365

I want to remove the default retention policy that comes with every horde Exchange organizations Office365 data file after couple of years. I'm trying to change the default policy of MRM (default retention policy) for my association as a whole did not apply the rules in general, only some specific elements of spam, sent and deleted items. So how I can change the policy of my business as a default set of MRM to eliminate movement of 2 to file, and assign the default retention policy to all mailboxes (including any fresh mailboxes I may create in the future)?

Re: How do I change default MRM policy in Microsoft office 365

You must be connected to your office management 365 and use the subsequent commands to fix the problem. Initially remove the retention policy applied to a mailbox. Then you necessitate to set the name of RetentionPolicy Box $ null. I give an illustration of this command. Set-Mailbox-RetentionPolicy $ null, in place of the name you have to put your account name. The managed folder assistant runs at ordinary intervals to the process of establishing the levy on a mailbox.

I consent with your indulgent of the retention policy and policy files. Retention policy allows controlling the time to keep the items in the mailboxes of the users and define procedures to take on issues that have reached a certain age. Political control of the files as long messages are left in a mail folder before it is moved to the line of the file. If you amend a label of the end or implementation of a retention policy dissimilar from a mailbox, you can imagine from management to the subsequent meeting of the Managed Folder Assistant.

To view the retention policy, the "My retention policy" in allocation policies be required to be reviewed and the "Archive" function must be enabled in the application features a mailbox. Then you can select on the directory to perceive the retention policy is the same as a control just prior to it. After executing the instructions, to add the retention policy, possibly will take a split second to appear in the retention policies.

Run the subsequent instructions to start Managed Directory Assistant for all user mailboxes in your business:
    $ UserMailbox = Get-Mailbox-Filter {('UserMailbox' RecipientTypeDetails-eq)}
    $ UserMailbox | ForEach {Start-ManagedFolderAssistant $ _.Identity}
    After that you can converse about this again.
    To check the policy for MRM, you can run the command "Get-Mailbox | fl RetentionPolicy" in PowerShell.

I have understood you desire MRM change the default policy to confiscate the 2 years to file and then apply the retention policy to all new mailboxes. To eliminate the movement of 2 years for the policy file, you must change the policy file instead of the retention policy. Entertain these steps to delete the policy file on the mailboxes.
    A. In the navigation pane, click a mail directory.
    B. For Folder tab in the Properties group, click the policy.
    C. To move items on the list of Personal files on the file, click the Policies directory.

I just found the solution and would like to share with you.
    1. Remove the withholding of the default label
    2. Create our own default label. Note that the type has to be all that means DPT (default)
    3. Review the list of tags available to policy
    4. Add the item you want as default.
    5. Run these to immediately update

Hope this helps