Thread: How to combine data in duplicate rows in MS excel

How to combine data in duplicate rows in MS excel

I am not an excel programmer but I understand something about the MS excel I am having an excel sheet and in that sheet there are a long number of rows in which I have listed number of parts and the description and the price and the quantity. But in this case there is a problem in the excel sheet that is there are so many duplicate list in the excel sheet that I want to delete it and I want to combine it. But I was not able to do this. Please let me know that how to delete and combine the excel sheet. Thanking all in advanced for helping me.

Re: How to combine data in duplicate rows in MS excel

I think that there is a formula find or search for the duplicate and it is the easiest way to sort the data and then the column and then you can find it by using the following formula:
    IF (A2<>A1, 0, 1) this formula.
    Then this will make the instance that means the first instance and after that you have to make the new value and then the new value will be 0 and the duplicates will have 1 which will be next to them. And after that you have to paste the columns on the formula and then you have to sort the data by just deleting all the rows and the columns and then you have to delete the rows which is having the 1 in.

This is the common problem and this will be solved when you are importing the data and I think that you can filter it and the filtering is the good idea and it is for the unique values and first to confirm the results. You have to just filter the values and then you have to use the advanced and after that you have to sort and then filter that group of data tab and after that you have to remove the values and after that you have to use the command of Remove Duplicates which is in the Data Tools group which is on the data tab. And after that you have to highlight the duplicate value and then use the conditional formatting it is in the style group on the home tab.

I think that there are three steps through which we can remove the duplicate values in MS excel.
    • You have to just use the unique values so that after using this you have to click on the advanced command and which is located in the sort and the filter option and then click on the data tab.
    • And after that you are possible to remove the duplicate values in this case you have to just use the remove duplicate option which is a command and it is located in the data tools group which is in the data tab.
    • And after that the duplicate values should be highlighted uniquely and the use the command of the conditional formatting which is in the style and on the Home tab.

I was also on the same scenario and I solved it by using the VBA programming language the coding is listed below:
    Code:
    Sub test ()
        p = WorksheetFunction.CountA(Range("C:C"))
        For m = 0 to h - 2
            If Cells (h - m, 3).Value = Cells (h - m - 1, 3).Value Then
                Rows (h - m).Copy
                Rows (h - m - 1).PasteSpecial Skip Blanks: =True
                Rows (h - m).Delete shift: =xlUp
            End If
        Next m
    End Sub

I don’t know about the excel sheet but there is a note you have to keep in mind that when you are trying to perform the advanced filter than I think that you have to do the command in-place by doing this the sheet will contain all the records and the duplicates that are hidden in the advanced filter. If you want to solve this problem then I think that you have to point to the row and then you have to format the menus and then click on the click on the option of the Unhide.

You have to just select the columns and after that click on the data menu and then point on the filter and after that you have to click on the advanced filter and after that you have to just click on the action and under the action you have to copy the location and after that select the unique records and then list the range of the box and then create the criteria range and the copy it to the box, and after that you have to click on the OK button.

You have to just select all the cells and after that you have to just choose the cells and after that you have to edit and then replace from the menu and then you have to find it from the menu and after that find that what is the box and after that you have to just hold down the keyboard ALT and after that you have to just press the keys of numeric keypad on the keyboard. And after that you have to replace and after then you have to replace the entire blank box and after that click on the replace option. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem.