Thread: How can I make Birthday reminder in Excel

How can I make Birthday reminder in Excel

I am new to this forum but I have a wish to create a birthday reminder in the MS excel sheet. In this case I am having the names of the friends and in front of the name there should be the date of their birthday. And the date of birthday should be written in the format of DD-MM-YYYY. I have written the VBA code but I was unable to write the code from the worksheet and then check it with the current date. But I was not able to do this. Please help me in solving the problem. Thanking all in advanced for helping me and giving me the quantity replies.

Re: How can I make Birthday reminder in Excel

I think that the formula is =IF(MONTH(B4)<>MONTH(TODAY())," ",IF(DAY(B4)<>DAY(TODAY())," ","Happy Birthday"))
    And in this case if the birthdates is in the B4 then I think that you have to copy and the you have to paste it in the above formula and the press into the B5. But in this case there are some options that are the month and the day are in the same and the birthday will be appearing in the B5. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem.

While I was surfing on the internet I saw the suggestions but in this case I would like to recommend you that The following is the today ( ) are use to assume the expire dates and in the cell and then enter the following formula IF (TODAY ()>=C1,"Expired","") and after that you have to just copy and after that you have to paste the formula. This formula will help you to solve the problem.

The today ( ) function that is using the returns today date. So I think that if it is in the today’s date and it should be greater or than it be equal to the expire date and after that the D1 will display "Expired. And after that the display will be expired and then it will be displayed in the black. I think that this can be changed by the expired and after that you have to alert the message you want.

I think that you could put it on the statement and after that in the new cell saying and after that you should use the following formula if (A1=to B1 or A1>B1,"OVERDUE","") and after that the A1 is in the original data cell and after that the B1 is the new reminder cell and after that the overdue is the any message that you want. I think that they can be choosing the format the cell for and it is having the large font bold font and then you have to select the red font.

You have to follow the 7 steps to solve the problem.
    • First you have to select the column and this will be with the birth dates.
    • And after that you have to select the menu selections and then FORMAT ==> CONDITIONAL FORMATTING
    • After that you have to change the condition of the box 1 and then use the formula “Formula Is”
    • In the next box you have to use the following formula = AND (A1 >= (TODAY () - 10), A1 <= (TODAY () + 10))
    • Go to the patterns and then click on the format.
    • And after that you have to select the background color.
    • And after that you have to click on the button twice and after that you have to save the changes.

You have to create the shortcut keys and after that you can be able to run the birthday reminder easier, after that you have to just click on the tools and then click on the macro and then record the macro and after that you have to Ctrl + type the letter and after that you have to click on the OK button. And after that you have to click on the stop recording and then you have to click on the file menu and then sane the birthday reminder and then just press enter.