Thread: Getting ‘configure: error: Couldn't find DBus >= 1.0.0, install libdbus-dev’ error message on VLC

Getting ‘configure: error: Couldn't find DBus >= 1.0.0, install libdbus-dev’ error message on VLC

I am unable to figure out why this particular issue is happening into the situation of mine. I have installed VLC media player on the computer of mine. I am getting following error message on the computer.
    configure: error: Couldn't find DBus >= 1.0.0, install libdbus-dev
    the above mentioned error message is prompting after executing following command on the terminal.
    Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr
    Let me know why it is happening into the situation of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting ‘configure: error: Couldn't find DBus >= 1.0.0, install libdbus-dev’ error message on VLC

It seems to be quite difficult without knowing about the hardware as well as software configuration of the computer. Tell me about the operating system do you have installed? Let me know about the hardware configuration of the computer? Which version of VLC and operating system do you have installed on the computer? Post the log file of the error message which you are getting on the computer so that I can figure out the exact root cause of the problem.

Re: Getting ‘configure: error: Couldn't find DBus >= 1.0.0, install libdbus-dev’ error message on VLC

Well I think some of the dependency on the computer of yours are missing due to some unknown reason. I recommend that you should simply run the below mentioned command on the terminal of yours.
    Code:
    sudo yum install dbus-devel
    it would fix all the missing dependency on your system.

You can get the warning message when you are having the devel package is not installed on the system. However it could be available into the repos. You can run the below mentioned command on the terminal.
    Code:
    su -
    root password
    yum install libdbus-dev libhal-dev
    So try the same and let me know whether it is making in the situation or not.

Well I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here however I have managed to fix the matter by simply rebuilding the x11-libs/pixman or x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf at the time of the emerge -e world which seems to be quite forceful that the of the -march settings. So you can try the any of the above mentioned thing to fix the matter.

I think there could be bug issue associated with this particular problem. Well I recommend that you should simply contact the developer of the VLC and simply file a bug report to them. Make sure that you have mentioned the information which has been associated with the problem which you are getting and the hardware configuration of the system of yours. the developer would work around on the situation and simply release the bug after fixing the bug on the computer of yours.