Thread: unable to connect outlook to my Office 365 Account on Windows XP

unable to connect outlook to my Office 365 Account on Windows XP

I have been using the new Office 365 on my office and I need to say that this is just awesome when it comes to work. So I have thought of implanting that into my personnel account also so as I could enjoy the same services for my personnel account, whenever I try to connect my office 365 account with my outlook account I get an error when I try to remove the old account that I previously had more over this was the a reported bug that I found out.

Re: unable to connect outlook to my Office 365 Account on Windows XP

I have also got a new Microsoft office 365 for my pc that I am using and I have also setup an account for my personnel use and have moreover setup an domain name for it. I then added this account to the outlook 2010 profile and everything worked just fine for me , I don ‘t know what is causing you’re the problem , ensure that you have installed office 365 service connector so as it can then connect with the outlook that you wanted .

You are very right (about the removing the old one ) about the bug ,it a known bug and it would not allow any user to delete the primary account nor itr will allow any user to to set the default files and data file , But there is solution on it which many user are currently using and that is to create a new profile and then delete the old one .try to see if that work ‘s for you , Al most all the people who were facing this problem had been solved so just try it and if the problem persists then post back .

I already tried that and I and that just worked for me, anyway I am still facing another problem that seems to appear just after I logged into mu account there it now would not connect to my new #^% account and contently ask me for an password when I try to log in even after I try to connect it using a right password ,This makes my Microsoft office 365 looks like it is of no use and makes my laptop completely useless .

There is only one way to know if you password that you are using is actually correct , try logging into you account with the Cell phone that you activated this would possible give you the answer if the password is actually correct, more over you can also try to delete the current account that you are using ,If that does not work then that could be an DNS issues and also try to flush out all the cache memory out of the DNS cache and see if that solves your problem .

I had a similar problem but, I managed to get that working by deleting all the internet cache that was present there and I also deleted the Appdata Outlook files that were present there. And that just solved my problem partly but not fully because I later discovered that the trillion application that was there was the one that was causing the actual problem, so next time I made sure that that did not started and that made my single profile just work fine

I mean no offense by saying this to you as I have used Microsoft office 365 and I must say that it is good, but as this is new it is definitely a little buggy to use and understand but, I think the function and feature Microsoft 365 offers would be obtained from outlooks as well, but just turning it into a customized way, so that it would work as if I was a Microsoft office 365.IF the problem still persist then I suggest you to call a PC technician as he may do the work more correctly and efficiently.