Thread: Protect Visual Basic for Applications code

Protect Visual Basic for Applications code

I am having the computer and in my computer I have noticed that the password is required to open the VBA source code in the Microsoft templates and one of the other excel files which is received from another source. I was unable to receive the assistance from the OLH the abbreviation for OLH is outlook helper and it can figure out on town of that how is to protect the VBA source code from the application code. Please help me.

Re: Protect Visual Basic for Applications code

To solve the problem you have to just on the protection tab to do this you have to follow the following steps:
    • First of all you have to open the MS excel from the Microsoft office.
    • And after that you have to open the workbook
    • And then hit the alt-f11 you have to hit this key because you have to get the vbe.
    • And after that tab on the ctrl – h so that you can be able to see the project explorer.
    • And after that you have to with your project selected with the project explorer.
    • And after that you have to click on the visual basic properties and then click on the protection tab.

There is another way in which you can protect the Visual Basic for Applications code you have to firstly launch the visual basic editor and then you have to Press ALT+F11 in which you can switch to the Visual Basic Editor and after that you have to On the File menu, click Open. And after that Press ALT+TAB until Microsoft Visual Basic this will allow using the database where the name is selected. And then you have to right click on the module and the select the properties by just simply clicking on the properties and then after click on the password there will be a password field this will help you to prevent them from viewing.

In this case there is a technical way in which we can protect the software from the application and this can be loaded only once. And in this case you have to do a simple and a very technical process this is to use the developer and then this will protect the software or the application and protect it from piracy. By doing this the people will also stop to get the access or in this case to use this. And in this case you can be able to sell the software and with full security.

There is a technical way in which you can also protect the code you have to just open the workbook and then go in the tools and after that click on the visual basic editor and after entering in the visual basic editor you have to just go in the tools and then click on the VBA project properties and after that you have to click on the protection tab and then see that the “check project from viewing” and then enter the password and then you have to confirm the password. This will protect the project code from being leaked

I was also suffering from the same problem I lock the project by using the following steps:
    • You have to firstly start the Microsoft visual basic editor and then you have to open the project.
    • And then click on the tools and then click on the project properties and then click the general tab.
    • And after that you have to set the following properties by the project name, project description and then help of the file name and then for the project help context ID.
    • Then you have to click on the protection tab and then select the “Lock Project for viewing check box”
    • And the last thing you have to do is to type the password and then click on the password confirmation and the save and close the project.

You have to first start the Microsoft visual basic editor and after that you have to start the project and after that you have to click on the tools and then click on the project properties and after that click on the general tab. And then set the properties of the project and then select the lock project from the viewing the project. And after that you have to confirm the password.