Thread: unable to setup Lync Domain Name

unable to setup Lync Domain Name

I have just been setting up my Microsoft outlook mail which was the latest product released by Microsoft,I am setting that for office 365 user , but when I cannot enter the user name as it is prompting me to repeatedly enter the username and the e-mail address of the user who is using this so does anyone know what the problem could be , as when I enter the email address it is asking me for an user name , which I don ‘t have so please help on this one .

Re: unable to setup Lync Domain Name

I guess that error would be occurring with when you are trying to input the e-mail address in the lync for a particular user. to solve this try entering the user name address as the domain name address and that might just work for you . I don ‘t know if that would work out for you but , in most server and connection settings this often works out , and is widely followed by many network technician.

This might be a problem that is caused by the Microsoft online services which has a sign IN assistant which intern may cause you with an issue .SO this is a known issue that is been present in the lync server that you are using so to fix that you need to download a update that is available on Microsoft official site which claims to have a update for this fix down load an appropriate version for that fix ( 32 bits or 64 bits according to the OS installed on your system ),

I had the similar problem and moving with what the above user has said would surely fix the problem but remember to restart your PC and then try using the lync system on your system , if still the problem persist then use then log on to your Lync account and then with youth Microsoft online services id to test if that has solved your problem or not , mostly if that was a known bug that it would surely get solved ,else it might or might not.

You can also try using the SRV method in this method you need to Add a SRV record I the menu configuration and then on the Lync 2010 sign in screen you need to select an option for gear icon which would possibly be on the upper most Conner of your screen,After that open you option page and then make your way to the Advanced connection setting dialog box and then ensure that the Manual configuration is selected .

Sorry to say this but , I tried the method that was told by you , and it seemed that nothing works on my Lync account , When I tried to install the update that is been provided by the user above , it gave me an error stating that the a newer version was already present in my system and I need not install a older one where the user suggestion that has just commented above me also did not worked as the the boxes were empty and I cannot select anything .

In the empty boxes you need to write the internal server name like for mine it is sipdir.online.lync.com:5445( port number ) and in the next box that you see you need to write the external server name for that for me it is sipdir.online.lync.com: 5445 ( port number ) and then click on apply button and then click ok and then again return to sign in page to see if the modification that are done by you really works or not .Best of luck with it .