Thread: Regression while upgrading to pulseaudio 1.1.7 to 1.1.8 on VLC

Regression while upgrading to pulseaudio 1.1.7 to 1.1.8 on VLC

Well as the title of this particular thread is saying what I wanted to ask over here. i have installed VLC on the computer of mine. I don’t know why but I am having regression while upgrading to 1.1.8 concerning pulseaudio from 1.1.7. the 1.1.7 version is working fine but there is an issue with 1.1.8. well 1.1.8 is consuming to much CPU. Let me know why I am having the above mentioned issue in the situation of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Regression while upgrading to pulseaudio 1.1.7 to 1.1.8 on VLC

Looking at the matter I wanted to know which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Do you getting any error message on the computer while doing upgrade? Is there any error message while doing the same? Any other information which you can provide which would help me out to get the requirement of yours? Let me know the answers as early as possible.

In order to get the requirement of yours I am suggesting couple of solutions which you can use to fix the matter of yours. I recommend that you should simply disable the PulseAudio. If it is not working for you then you should try the thing by using the ALSA. So you should try the couple of solutions which I have mentioned over here and I am hoping that the solutions which I have mentioned over here would be useful to you.

I am suggesting following piece of code which you should run on the computer of yours.
    Code:
    pacman -Ss alsa
    extra/alsa-lib 1.0.24.1-1 [0.33 MB] [installed]
        An alternative implementation of Linux sound support
    extra/alsa-plugins 1.0.24-1 [0.04 MB] [installed]
        Extra alsa plugins
    extra/alsa-utils 1.0.24.2-1 [0.89 MB] [installed]
        An alternative implementation of Linux sound support
    extra/gnome-alsamixer 0.9.6-3 [0.02 MB] [installed]
        Gnome ALSA mixer
    extra/pulseaudio-alsa 1-2 [0.00 MB] (pulseaudio-gnome) [installed]
        ALSA Configuration for PulseAudio
    I recommend that you should copy and paste the above mentioned command on the terminal to avoid the syntax errors while compiling the code on the system of yours.

Well I am suspecting that there is an issue while installing pulseaudio on the computer. I recommend that you should simply reinstall the pulseaudio the same on the computer. If still the issue is persisting than I recommend that you should install the previous version of the pulseaudio on the computer rather than installing the latest version of this particular software. So try the same and let me know.

The bug issue is seems to be common as far as the software are concerned. I am suspecting that this particular issue might be happening just because of the bug issue. I recommend that you should contact the developer of this particular software and file a bug report to them. The developer would figure out the bug and fix the same and release the patch after fixing the bug which you should download and install the same on the computer of yours.