Thread: Getting multiple definition error on the latest version of the VLC –Android git

Getting multiple definition error on the latest version of the VLC –Android git

Well I have installed VLC on the computer of mine. I am getting an issue with the latest version of the VLC Android git. I am unable to figure out why this particular problem is occurring on the system of mine. let me know if you are having the same problem like me. any help to get the requirement of mine would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting multiple definition error on the latest version of the VLC –Android git

I am unable to figure out why this particular issue on the computer of yours. Can you tell me which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Can you tell me which version of kernel do you have installed on the computer? Tell me about the which version of VLC do you using? Do you getting any error message on the computer. If your answer is yes then you should post the entire error message and log file of the error message which you are getting on the computer.

Re: Getting multiple definition error on the latest version of the VLC –Android git

Well I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. After doing lots of googling finally in have managed to get the requirement of mine. I have re run ./bootstrap which is available into the VLC source directory. So try the same and let me know whether it is working or not. If there is still issue then I recommend that you have to run a make distclean into the build folder let me know whether any of the above mentioned solution is working or not.

Looking at the situation I am suggesting following code which you should run on the computer and let me know about the results.

Code:
    VLC_BUILD_DIR=/home/vukia/android-ndk-r5/vlc-android-2011-02-09/vlc-android/builddir make
    Here VLC_CONTRIB lib path is seems to be current path by watching the Android.mk file.

I have noticed that this particular problem is being faced by multiple users on the other forums. I am suggesting a trick which you should implement in the situation of yours. I recommend that you should simply edit the libvlcjni.h file. You have to make the vlc_declare_plugin(stats) as well as vlc_plugin(stats) and then you have to built the VLC on the system of yours. after doing the above mentioned thing you will be able to resolve the problem of yours.