Thread: Are Motorola Media Link and Windows 7 compatible with each other?

Are Motorola Media Link and Windows 7 compatible with each other?

Hey people, I am using Motorola Droid from last 2 months. Before, I used to transfer my photos, audio, videos from my mobile phone to my Windows XP running computer with the help of Motorola Media Link software. But recently it happened that I ended up installing Windows 7 Operating System in my computer. So, now I wanted to know whether Motorola Media link (MML) is available for the Windows 7 running system. Please help me in clearing my doubt. Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Re: Are Motorola Media Link and Windows 7 compatible with each other?

I have also used the Motorola Media link (MML) software to establish connection between my Mac running desktop computer and my Motorola smartphone. I am not sure about the availability and the compatibility of the MML software with the Windows 7 Operating system, but you should most probably visit the official website of Motorola and check out whether the Motorola Media Link software is made available for the Windows 7 running systems.

There was some compatibility issue when I tried to install the Motorola Media Link (MML) software in my windows 7 running laptop. I tried installing the application many times but all with failure. Then finally I uninstalled the Windows 7 OS from my system and installed Windows XP back to my laptop. After installing the Windows XP operating system I was able to successfully install Motorola Media Link (MML) software in my laptop and was again able to transfer files and photos between my laptop and my Motorola mobile phone.

I also had issue while connecting my Motorola Droid with my Windows 7 running system and I was not able to install the Motorola Media Link software in my system. But I did not uninstalled the entire Windows 7 Operating system from my computer. Instead I dual booted my computer and installed Windows XP along with the Windows 7 Operating system. And then installed the MML software in my another Windows XP system. So, now I am able to use the software.

There is no compatibility issue between the Motorola Media Link (MML) software and the 64-bit Windows 7 Operating system. I am saying this because, I have successfully installed the application in my system to smoothly transfer data from my computer to my Motorola device and vice-versa. The software usually installs one folder with around four subfolders in my Droid SD. But I have still did not performed the transferring of data. So, I am not that sure about the topic.

You should most probably try by yourself and check whether the Motorola Media Link (MML) software is working well and good with your windows 7 running computer system or not. Because many people claimed that the software is getting installed in their Windows 7 system but is not working, while many others have claimed that they are unable to install the software at all in their system. So, it is pretty much confusing for everyone. So try by yourself and know the answer.

I have come across this particular link at the official support website of Motorola. I will suggest you to visit the following link Is MML compatible with Windows 7? and read on the data shared in the following link. It is an official link of Motorola, so most probably it will be true. But the information can be region specific. It might be true for some area while it can come to be completely false in the other. Hope the suggestion will help you clear all your doubts.