Thread: Unable to filter correctly while click on "Format as a Table" button in excel

Unable to filter correctly while click on "Format as a Table" button in excel

Each time I click on the "Format Table" on the home screen, the formats of my data as a table, but when I try to filter a column, filter the entire table (all columns) as seeps into my columns. In other words, I decide to filter a column by two data that is in row 3, that filter all other columns of row 3. How I can filter a column without distressing the additional columns? Anyone have any ideas on this?

Re: Unable to filter correctly while click on "Format as a Table" button in excel

Here I just wish to add something in this case. This is exactly how the filter works, once you filter any column in a table, which is visible only the data that meets the criteria established in the first filter. This process continues as you make selections in the subsequent columns until you are left with data that contains all your criteria. If you want choice, based on a single column cannot be part of a table that is more than one column.

Re: Unable to filter correctly while click on "Format as a Table" button in excel

I think we're seeing AutoFilter using a table, hiding rows that do not meet the filter criteria. I think you want to create a second table of the first advanced filter does not hide the rows in the first table. You need to use advanced filters and tell it to filter to a second. If I did not understand the problem - I have a sample file. You can attach a sample; I will try to solve your problem.

I think the problem lies in the definition of a table. It would be a large number of rows and columns without completely empty row or column completely empty, where the border. When you format data as a table that is treated as a whole and we believe you want to keep the lines in line with others. To sort a column by itself, simply select the column (click on the column letter above) and type. You will be asked if you want to expand the scope and you say no. Another way to insert blank columns to the left and right of the row you want to sort and treat it as a table and sort them. Please do it with a copy of your data, not aligned (in rows) again after that.

You cannot filter just a solitary column of data from a table. You can, duplicate that column (column A) to a different fraction of your sheet (as extensive as it is alienated by as a minimum one blank column from your table, column AF or bigger in your case), or you can duplicate it to a different sheet. Then you would have a divide table, which you can sieve on its own, sovereign of any other columns - but I cannot think why you would need to do this.

When filtering by BA (or any other element) is only a single row of the table, because there is only one occurrence of that value in column A. In the attachment you have filled down with existing data, and add some random data to other columns and packed down. Now if BA is filtered, you will see a series of rows that match those criteria, and if it is filtered through the column N will see a shorter list of rows that match both criteria.

You are asking regarding the dissimilarities between AutoFilter and Validation catalog. I suppose you have a big dataset and need to filter it by utilizing a dropdown validation in its place of auto filter. In the Dell file I have cipher that limits the assortments of 3 fields depends on the other 2 field’s selection. You necessitate twice clicking on a blank or word and it after that does a superior filter on the data to the left. It is a grouping of Filtered Lists and Advanced Filters.