Thread: Jerk or slow motion when playing an MKV file encoded with real video codec in VLC

Jerk or slow motion when playing an MKV file encoded with real video codec in VLC

I've noticed that when playing a MKV file, which encodes the video track with real video codec that video is the most jumps in time or have a kind of slow in a fast moving scene. I've noticed in the actual video version, where it presented a version 1.05. I used to have a fairly old PC (Pentium IV 2.4 GHz with an ATI Radeon X850), so I thought it was due to a performance problem on my machine, but I have a modern PC and the issue still persists, while the CPU usage is at a maximum of 5% when playing these files, so performance should not be the problem. Please help.

Re: Jerk or slow motion when playing an MKV file encoded with real video codec in VLC

If you show some samples of it would be much better. Anyway, try 1.1.0 nightly builds, but must work a little better, but I'm not sure of this because I have not tried it yet. You can also take a look at an open ticket for this problem. However, what you could do is find a video in the public domain, are encoded using the actual video codec and put it into a MKV container, and then publish a website for you, unless you can find that free right material directly on the web.

Re: Jerk or slow motion when playing an MKV file encoded with real video codec in VLC

I made the new test. I suspected the films in the cause of not playing in the correct frame rate in VLC, I had this idea because a lot of film with video track real frame rate is often stated is "rare" (sometimes 30 fps when I'm absolutely sure that the source is PAL and should be 25 fps, in addition to Media Player Classic to play properly at 25 fps). I also noticed that a lot was lost frame (shown in the statistics of the windows) when VLC plays these movies. Therefore, it is definitely a problem playing in the wrong frame rate.

Yes, I can confirm the same problem with Debian. With Mplayer plays fine, but vlc does not. I found a couple of *. rms no longer play correctly. Could you give an example, but this is not suitable for minors and not conforming copyright. So download only for reasons of improvement. I hope things work properly, and it bothers me that this bug from version 0.98. Another thing that bothers me is that I try to start VLC with-system-preferred codec, but simply ignores them. Have you experienced similar problems?

Real Media codec never was VLC codec system. VLC DMO codecs are only thinks the system codecs. Not seem to take into account not only the RM-codec system. Basically, never be able to use the systems. How can I verify that I am using the codec system, not the vlc-though? But even that would not be correct MRI-codec-reproduction-topic. So you can get help from someone who knows more about it.

If you open Tools and go to messages before playback will print some messages in BMD at the opening of the file if DMO codec used. But since the amount of DMO codecs is very limited, VLC, in many cases uses their own codecs. This is basically possible, but true. I'm definitely sure about this but I have not seen any updates regarding this. (But Libava * Updates in contrib. May have changed something). You can take a look.