Thread: VideoLAN random play mp3 but not in order

VideoLAN random play mp3 but not in order

I am having the laptop of dell I purchased it about 3 weeks ago and I have the internet connection of Airtel broadband. And I am thinking that this is the best internet service provider in Mumbai. And it is giving the speed of about 2 Mbps. And I am having the operating system of windows XP. And I have downloaded the VLC media player but there is the problem in this player that is when the random off is off in the player then also the album is playing in the out of order, it is playing that it is stuck in the random mode. I was firstly using the Ubuntu 8.10 and after that I was using the Linux operating system but I am new to the windows XP. Please help me in solving the problem.

Re: VideoLAN random play mp3 but not in order

I think that the problem is with the VLC media player you have to first close the VLC media player and then run rm -rf ~/.config/vlc. This will help you to delete the means this is supposed to reset the VLC preferences and also the cache files. If you have created the playlist and it is playing it in the out of order then I think that you should Arite it. Or I think that uninstall the VLC media player and then again install it I think that by doing this the problem will be solved.

In this situation I would like to recommend you that the VLC media player does have a media library in this you can add the songs and then you can search the song using the filter and them you can provide the random button if it is off then the item in the playlist will play in the order. In this case you can also add the columns such as the Album, Artist, Track number etc and that can be sort accordingly this can be done when adding to the directories VLC and the non-media file however.

From the discussion going you should use the Ubuntu 904 I was having the machines that was never having the problem but the problem started when I upgraded the Ubuntu 910. In this case I was having the bundle of movies and it is copied in the hard disk. And the chapters it is now 910 Ubuntu and the VLC, after that I upgraded the Ubuntu 904 this will help you to play the songs in order.

while i was surfing on the internet i was the question and the suggestions the suggestions are quite systematic but in this case i would like to suggest you that It is very simple you have to only use the VLC 1.0.x it is having the random button at the bottom of the playlist or in another word you can also use the VLC 1.1.x this is offering the random button at the bottom of the main interface these both interface will help you to solve the problem of playing the video in an order manner.

I would like to recommend you that try to uninstall the VLC media player from the add and remove program in the tools and then remove the VLC media player and then you have to reinstall the VLC media player and then restart the computer and after that make the playlist again and after that see whether it is making the difference or it is playing in the random order.

Thank you for giving me the replies and now the problem has been solved for the issue of the VLC is not playing in random order or they are not playing the songs in order and the problem is solved I just simply uninstall the application and then I again reinstall the application and I laptop my computer and not the problem is solved.