Thread: Detecting a frame in VLC while UDP stream has stopped

Detecting a frame in VLC while UDP stream has stopped

I have recently purchased a computer and it is having the operating system of windows 7 and the processor in my computer is the core i7 processor. But in this case I am having the problem in the VLC media player and the problem is when I stream a movie the UDP is going to unicast from one place to another place. If in the middle there is the problem in the network then when I get the last frame of the video then the video should be displayed from where it has been stopped. So I want to ask you that is there any way through which we can specify that you haven't had any data for 5secs then you have to go back to the black screen/no screen.

re: Detecting a frame in VLC while UDP stream has stopped

I am having the instance and you can do it by VLC running from the time to the listening to an UDP and it can send to it. And in this you can run the networking in the network monitor and then you have the either in the constantly or even in the every 5 minutes. And then you have to check the network traffic of the monitor. And in this case there is no UDP and it will run in the VLC playing and a small blank in the file to the other instance.

I think that you can also do it by using the libvlc_event_attach this is used to handle the libvlc _ MediaPlayerTimeChanged in the event. In this case you can be only able to get it if the stream is changing, this will not get in the say, for about 1 seconds and this means that something is wrong in the stream. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem.

I would like to recommend you that you should start the VLC debugging version in which you can download this from the videoLAN website you should download it from the official website of the videoLAN and the branches are in the 1.1.x and it should be with the GDB then you have to type in and then run in the replicate and then VLC may crash. After the crash you have to type the BT in the it should provide back and then traces this you can paste in here.

From the discussion going on I would like to recommend you that you should currently use the development version of the ActiveX this does not require and it will currently work properly with the .Net and I Hopefully and it should be working in the version of the and it should be shortly watch out of the commits.

while i was surfing on the internet i was the question and the suggestions the suggestions are quite systematic but in this case i would like to suggest you that I am assuming that you are having the 54mbit systems and in this way the max transfer rate is about 54mbit/s while you only get about 10mbit/s. This means that in this case that there are 5 packets and out of that 4 packets are dropped. With the help of the ftp these packets are retransmitted. But with the UDP they are just sent.

Re: Detecting a frame in VLC while UDP stream has stopped

Thank you for giving me the replies and now my problem has been solved Detecting a frame in VLC while UDP stream has stopped and I solved the problem by just having the 54mbit systems and it is having the UDP
    and it is having the 5 packets and out of 5 packets 4 packets are dropped down.