Thread: How to play compressed (ZIP) files on VLC player

How to play compressed (ZIP) files on VLC player

Hi, I have a laptop in which I am using the windows 7 and the latest version of the VLC media player, and have a lots of media files compressed with the software, so my question is like can we use those mp3 files directly to the player? Or I must have to unzip them? And as the zipped folder would be too big and if I decompress the whole folder, I won’t be able to manage it, so please help me if I can play the files the way I mentioned.

Re: How to play compressed (ZIP) files on VLC player

No dude, it is absolutely wrong way that you have mentioned, as this is compressed by the software you need to decompress in order to play the files or else you cannot play the files directly, and off course there is also no such player that can play the files directly, but you can have the option that you can simply select those files that you want to play, and selecting files you can simply extract them.

Ok you can have another option as well to play those files without decompressing them as you just need to click the files that you want to play and it will be automatically played on your player, actually when you do this the player extract the files as a buffer so it occupy the memory space till you play the files, and after that as you close the player, the buffered copy would be vanished automatically, so no need to bother about extracting them.

Really this was absolutely helpful as I have never use to play the music ever before, and because of the low memory space I must have to compress them, and I was not able to play them, but this is the best way as now also I am playing the files the way you have mentioned, but is there any other software’s through which we can compress the files more precisely, as the Winrar doesn’t compress the files that much, any other recommendation?

Yeah there are too many software through which you can compress the files, but I am not sure that you can play those compress files the way above user mentioned, but still if you don’t use it how can you determine, thus I would recommend you that same thing, that should try at least to play the files compressed by the other software rather than the Winrar, you can have 7zip, or the free arc, my recommendation is to use the free arc, as it has very good compression ratio.