Thread: Unable to align and change the font size of the subtitle in the vlc

Unable to align and change the font size of the subtitle in the vlc

Hi, everybody I would like to say that I am using the VLC media player for playing the media files, and for playing the movie also, but I have a very agonizing problem while playing such a files, as when I play any movie in the different language I use to use the subtitle which comes in the bottom of the screen or wherever we have set, so when I was playing the movie and the subtitle appears, I was completely shocked as the font was literally too big and the alignment was at the right corner, and as I tried too much too find the solution to this problem but didn’t got any particular solution, so is there anyone having the same problem? I would like if they would help me to out of this.

Re: Unable to align and change the font size of the subtitle in the vlc

See the settings are different in all the version so I would be better if you specify which version you are using to play those files? And don’t bother about it too much as this is very simply process to reduce the font but I am not sure about the alignment, because I haven’t seen any such alignment option in the VLC media player, and it seems that because of the size only the text is appearing on the right side, so you need to reduce the size just.

Yeah I am agree with the above user as there is no such option as alignment, you can have option to set the height of the font from the lower pane, and you have to specify the pixel size to specify the height, and you can ensure it while playing the movies, and accordingly you can set it, and off course as the above user mentioned you need to reduce the font size for sure.

Thanks for the suggestion guys, but sadly I would like to say that I have neither set the font nor the alignment thus don’t know actually how many options are there actually, bu I want to know as you have specified that I have to reduce the size but let me know that how can we do that as I haven’t done it ever before, and please specify me some other players also in which there are better option for the subtitles if there is any. Thanks.

I would like to tell you about the option, first of all as you open the VLC media player you need to select the tools from the menu bar and as the menu appear select the preference option form the listed option. After selecting that a new window will appear and in that you need to select the option called subtitles and OSD, after that all the option would be there to facilitate you, there only you’ll get t he option to set the font however you want, but as the above user mentioned there is no such option through which you can set the alignment.

According to me you should use the 321 classic media player to play the videos, because VLC has very less option to set the various option in It. But in the classic media player you’ll get the option to set the alignment also, and in that there are other option through which you can customize the font size, it’s font , alignment to display the font, color of the font and many more things, if you search it on the internet you’ll get with very ease.