Thread: Is there any decoder to play re4 extension file in VLC

Is there any decoder to play re4 extension file in VLC

Hi I got a file with the er4 extension from a security video system and I had tried too much to play the file in the vlc media player, and off course the Windows media player as well. WMP unable to play the files where as VLC says no appropriate decoder module for this file.

Is there any idea, that which module VLC is talking about, or is there any decoder through which we can play such a files?

Re: Is there any decoder to play re4 extension file in VLC

I am not sure about the decoder but you can make use of another player, apart from the two that you have mentioned in the problem, and as far as I know classic media player is quite good than this two, you should download it from the internet and then try to play the videos in that only, I am sure that it would play this video for sure, because I use the same player and never have to bother about the extensions, as there are their internet codec that plays almost each videos.

You can make use of the tool called Mediainfo, thorough which you’ll get the idea about the files and the supportive players also, but as the above user mentioned, I am also sure that classic media player would play this file for sure, and if suppose you didn’t get the file played on that you can have option to choose multiple players, as there are too many players on the internet, all you have to do is to search the internet.

If suppose the files didn’t run on any of the mentioned player you can have option to download the separate player to play the re4 files. But as I far as I know the windows media player 12 is the most enhanced player to support all such files, haven’t you tried it yet? If not then I would reamed you to download that first rather than other ones, because I have the same player running on my machine, and can play almost all the files.

See if you don’t find any such player that can play the files you can have another option as to convert that you have to the format supported by the player that you have, and doing that you need a conversion tool, that also you can get it from the internet, but my recommendation is to have the total video converter, it has their own codec to convert the files in files and have too many other format in which you can convert the files.