Thread: Every X seconds VLC automatically capturing frames

Every X seconds VLC automatically capturing frames

Last one week, I've been using VLC software for playing video as well as audio file and also making capture screenshot from video files on windows 7 OS. Now I want to automatically capturing frames in this video file using this vlc software. I need to do this task in every 5 seconds. I try to find out the several sites but can’t find the correct way to do this task. Is this something that manual capturing technique present to do this task? Thanks in advance.

Re: Every X seconds VLC automatically capturing frames

If you required to, catch a screenshot frames for every 5 seconds in this VLC player with using the input as video file, then yes it is possible. In this case, it is necessary that your input video has previously set the frame rate of 25fps. Then in this case, you just try to execute this code. This will be effective to do this task. This code is to be as vlc -V image --image-out-format png --image-out-ratio 250 --image-out-prefix image_snapshot INPUT. This will be easily do this task.

This code is to be only support in the specific version of the VLC. Then you need to download and then install this version and this will be help to you for solving such problem. If you have work on the VLC 0.9.8a version, then remember one thing that this task is not possible with this version. This will be only available on the latest version of the VLC and they are 0.9.9/1.0.0 version. Then use this version of VLC and do this task.

I also want such kind of automatically screenshot technique. Hence I read several article and they had also mention this solution. Then I use this solution and it works to solve such trouble. I had work on the VLC 0.9.8a version. Then I decided to upgrade this version for doing such advanced task. Then I use the online update facility. In this task, the official site of the VLC helps me to do this task. Finally I got the correct result when I install latest version of the VLC on the system

The proper way is being present on the latest version of the VLC software. You need to install this software. You can do this task, by just using the normal technique. First uninstall the previous version of the VLC software and then reboot the system. The next step is to be download VLC 1.0.0 version and immediately install this onto the system. In the result, this will be provide the feature that help to solve such problem.