Thread: How to Transcode AAC 5.1 to AC3 using VLC

How to Transcode AAC 5.1 to AC3 using VLC

I was trying to search solution for my problems, but it looks to be no solution around. Actually I have problem that is when I try to do transcoding a video file from AAC 5.1 to AAC soundtrack, then it happen but the result is unexpected. This AAC 5.1 video file is in ts extension format and it contains a soundtrack in HE-AAC multichannel 5.1 versions. After doing this task, the result is not expected and hence I need to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to Transcode AAC 5.1 to AC3 using VLC

As per my knowledge the VLC player can’t directly convert all video files. This transcoding is the direct digital-to-digital conversion of one encoding video file format to another. Hence for doing this task you need to use the special process. This will be help to solve the problem. The AVIdemux or Mediacoder tools will be capable to do this conversions. Then you need to use this tool and do this complicated task on the system.

The alternative way is being also present and this is the pastebin or similar service. In actual case, it is a website wherever you can store text online for a specific time duration. Hence this will be capable to convert the aac 5.1 video file format to the aac format. Then use this tools and the process to use this tool is present on the official site of the pastebin. Use this tool in VLC software and depends upon them do this task on the VLC software.

For doing this task on the VLC player software you need to first do the special task. Then first run MKVE Wizard. This will be help to extract the audio from input or the source. Then the next step is to be choosing the AAC audio track and hit Next button. In this process, if you can’t find Wizard then install MKVToolnix tools onto the system. Next is to be select Settings menu to denote it manually. This will be work and the resulted AAC audio track is being saved on system. Then run VLC player and select Media-> Convert/ save option for converting AAC sound track to AC3. The next steps are select Encapsulation tab, and choose RAW option and run mkvmerge GUI from MKVToolnix folder. This will be solving your problem.

The PopCorn MKV AudioConverter application software will also help to do this task. You need to use this application. Its free application software and it provide the facility to do this transcoding AAC 5.1 to AC3 using VLC software. This is the special conversion software and this will be work to solve such kind of conversion problem. This is to be work with the VLC player and you can use this application as a tool of the VLC software. Then use it solve problem.