Thread: How to prevent VLC from spawning new Direct3D output windows

How to prevent VLC from spawning new Direct3D output windows

I am running Windows vista operating system and have just updated VLC media player on it. This is the videolan 0.8.6d version and something wrong happen on it. When I try to view mov extension files, then it continues spawning new 'Direct3D output' windows. In the result, I cannot look to get the control buttons on the screen. Is there anyway present for solve this kind of problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: How to prevent VLC from spawning new Direct3D output windows

The easiest solution present over this problem and this is the just remove %appdata%\vlc folder onto the system. For doing this task in the easiest way you need to just open the run window by pressing the Start and then Run option. This will be help to open the run window. Then type %appdata%\vlc onto that window. This will be open the existing file of the folder window. Then remove this file using the delete option. This will remove such problem.

This kind of problem indicates that you need to decide on software preferred output module in VLC preferences. Then for doing this task, you need to open the VLC software and then click on the Tools menu. After that you need to open the Preferences option by hit on them. Then select the "All" for "Show settings" choice. Then again open Video menu and then hit the Output modules option. This will be help to choose the appropriate output module of software.

I’m having the same problem you mentioned but I’ve not use your solution to solve such problem. Then you need to just use this solution and this will be easily solving my problem. Then i download and upgrade the existing version to the newest jvlc version. This will be help to solve such problem. This process is to be almost similar to the upgrade task and it will be help to solve the trouble arrives on the VLC software.

You had necessary to try the different video file on the software and then check that the same result has arrived or not. If the result is same as per the file extension, then you need to check the compatibility option of the software. This will be help to solve the problem. The other solution is to be reinstalling the software. This is the perfect way and it will be avoid such complicated problem onto the system. Then use proper process and solve problem.

I also faced the similar kind of problem and that time, I have not knowledge about this issue. Then I read the user guide manual of the software and I found the correct solution over this problem. Hence, I did the remove %appdata%\vlc folder solution. The manual will be describing the proper procedure to do this re moving task. It works and finally the problem is solved. Now any video file is correctly running on software without problem.

The proper way to solve such problem and then avoid the existing unwanted result is present on the manual. You need to read the troubleshooting section of the manual. This section is specially describing the several techniques to solve such problem. Especially the default setting is the best way to solve such problem. Hence I suggest you to do this task and it will be help to you for solving this kind of complicated task.