Thread: Some applications are missing on BackTrack 5

Some applications are missing on BackTrack 5

As the title of thread is saying why I am over here. Well I have installed BackTrack on the computer of mine. I loved the look as well as features of this particular program. I have found that the application like wesside-ng, wepbuster and many more applications are missing. i am unable to figure out whether it is removed or missing. Let me know the speculation of yours on this particular matter. I am waiting for the prompt replies. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Some applications are missing on BackTrack 5

I let you know that you can install all the applications which are missing if it is really needed. I have talk to the developer team on this particular matter and they have told me that they are looking to make this particular tool lean and for the purpose of the pentesting machine which is built on the platform of the PTES. They have decided that they are supposed to make less focus on the Wi-Fi as it was in the past. However you can have the all the regular aircrack-ng suites in this particular package.

Well I think I don’t agree with hardwired LANs are seems to be a part of the past. If you are using anything like WEP encryption than it would be the concept of the past. You can encounter with the WEP in the situation of the home networks as well as business network where we can have number of administrator. According to there would be number of tools which are installed on this particular software and you will be definitely happy with the same.

Yes I agree with the thing which you have mentioned over here. The developer has removed all the garbage tools from this particular software. However if you wanted to add you can get the same and install the same on the system of yours. well the programs like spoonwep can be seen into the skiddie tools for the large number of pentesters who are making security for the living. It has been included with the standard installation of the BackTrack 5 gerix wifi cracker.

The WEPBuster script seems to be really good thing to have. There are lots of tools which have been tested at time of the development of the BackTrack 5. I hvbae found that they are lacking standard against of the aircrack-ng suite. Hence they have removed the tools from the software packages. Also it is already mentioned that you can have the tools on the computer if it is really needed.

I wanted to say thanks a lot for the consideration of yours. I have figured out that some of the applications are not involved on this particular software. However I have decided that I am going to install the application on the BackTrack which are not available. I wanted to appreciate your efforts which you have put in to help me out.