Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2011

BackTrack 5, Gnome and Virtual Machine: mfsupdate is not working

Ii have installed BackTrack 5 on the computer of mine. I don?t why but I am unable to figure out why msfupdate not working. Let me know if you are having the same problem like me. Well I am asking to all the users of this particular forum to help me out to fix the matter of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 06-07-2011

Re: BackTrack 5, Gnome and Virtual Machine: mfsupdate is not working

First of all you should put following things into the /etc/cron.daily/msfupdate directory. Well according to me the key would be the export LANG=C. you should copy and paste the below mentioned code.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
export LANG=C
/usr/local/msf/msfupdate -uma
echo "Metasploit Framework (/usr/local/msf) Updated"
after doing the same you should restart the computer of yours and see whether it is working or not.
Old 06-07-2011

Well looking at the situation I am suggesting following piece of code which you should run to use the msfudate on the terminal of the computer of yours.

Code:
root@evilbox:/pentest/exploits/framework3# svn up
At revision 12590.
root@evilbox:/pentest/exploits/framework3# msfupdate[*][*] Attempting to update the Metasploit Framework...[*]

svn: /opt/framework3/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by /opt/framework3/lib/libserf-0.so.0)
svn: /opt/framework3/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by /opt/framework3/lib/libserf-0.so.0)
At revision 12590.
root@evilbox:/pentest/exploits/framework3#
you can run the above mentioned command couple of times and let me know whether it is working or not.
Old 06-07-2011

I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here in this particular thared. I have tried lots of thing to make the thing working finally I have managed to get the requirement of mine. well I have executed the below mentioned command. You should copy and paste the below command on the terminal.
Code:
oot@bt:/pentest/exploits/framework3#
Old 06-07-2011

I don?t what could be the root cause of the problem however I am suggesting following command which you should run on the computer of yours.

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade -y
apt-get dist-upgrade -y
cd /pentest/exploits/fasttrack
./fast-track.py -c 1 1
./fast-track.py -c 1 2
cd ..
cd framework2
svn update
cd ..
cd framework3
svn update
cd /root
It would simply update the msfupadate on the computer of yours so try the same and let me know.
Old 09-07-2011

I think there could be an issue with the BackTrack 5 which you have installed on the system. I recommend that you should reinstall this particular program on the computer of yours. if there is no difference after reinstalling the BackTrack on the system then I recommend that you have to contact the technical support team to get more help on this particular situation. I am hoping that they would help you out in this particular problem.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,