Thread: Unable to start gerix-wifi-cracker-ng in BackTrack 5

Unable to start gerix-wifi-cracker-ng in BackTrack 5

Well I have installed BackTrack 5 on the computer of mine. this particular program is having great features. I am getting an issue while dealing with gerix-wifi-cracker-ng. I have found that gerix-wifi-cracker-ng is not starting at all. I have done with lots of tricks to make the thing working but it did not working for me. Any help to fix the matter of mine would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to start gerix-wifi-cracker-ng in BackTrack 5

I wanted to know about the hardware as well as software configuration of the computer. Also tell me whether you are getting any error message while doing the above mentioned thing. I think I know the root cause of the matter and the thing which you wanted to do is seems to be impossible until and unless the program is not detecting the card which is having the support for the injection. So answer the above mentioned question as early as possible so that I can figure out the root cause of the problem.

In this particular situation I am suggesting that you should simply set the bit rate to deal with the WPA encryption.
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/wicd start
    iwconfig wlan1 rate 1M
    once you have done the same you have to use the wicd-gtk so that you can connect with the network which you are using. So try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

Well looking at the problem of yours I recommend that you should simply restart the gerix-wifi-cracker from the terminal by using /usr/share/gerix-wifi-cracker-ng/gerix.py. if it did not worki for you then I think you need to simply reinstall the gerix by using the ap-get command. Once you have done the same you have restart the computer of yours and try to connect with the network.

I am unable to figure out why this particular issue is happening in the situation of yours. however I wanted to tell you something which you can use to fix the matter or not. Well I recommend that you should reinstall BackTrack 5 which you have installed on the computer by using the apt-get command. Once you have done the same you should restart the computer. I am hoping that you will be able to fix the matter by reinstalling the BackTrack.

Well I am highly suspecting that there could be an issue with the bug in the code of the program which you have installed on the computer. However I recommend that you should contact the developer team and simply get the idea on this particular matter. If there is bug issue then the developer would tell you to file a bug report. The developer would figure out the bug and release the patch as they have fixed the bug from the program.