Thread: Where are the packages in Package Manager of BackTrack 5?

Where are the packages in Package Manager of BackTrack 5?

I have installed BackTrack 5 on the computer of mine. I was looking to use the new package manager that is KPackageKit and I have found that there was no packages on the computer of mine. I am unable to figure out whether the repos might be down or I am doing something wrong. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to get the requirement of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours.

Re: Where are the packages in Package Manager of BackTrack 5?

I am unable to figure out what repos about you wanted to talk. If you are unable to find any repos for the requirement of yours then you have to use Find or locate the same. Even you can use the apt command to make the request into the BackTrack 5 tool. Let me know the repos which you wanted to use. I am waiting for the replies so that I can help you to get the requirement of yours.

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting following thing which you can use to fix the matter of yours. you should run the below mentioned command on the terminal to install the desire package on the computer of yours.
    Code:
    apt-get install <package name>
    apt-cache search <package name>

Well let me know whether you have tried to install Synaptic Package Manger on the computer of yours. I recommend that you should run the below mentioned command on the terminal.
    Code:
    apt-get synaptic KANE
    after installing the Synaptic package manger you should try to get the desired package manager on the computer.

I let you know that apt means Advanced Packages Tool which would provide the apt-get program. You can retrieve as well as install any of the packages on the computer y using the command line from the multiple source. It works only with the packages which are properly named and it can be install on the system of yours. you can use apt-get update command to update the list of the packages which are being installed on the computer.

I am highly suspecting that there is something wrong with the KPackageKit. I mean you should simply reinstall the package manger on the computer and see whether you have noticed any difference in the situation. If there is no change in the situation than I recommend that you have to contact the developer and simply file a bug report to the them. The developer would fix the bug issue and release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter of yours.