Thread: How to install backtrack 5 in usb stick

How to install backtrack 5 in usb stick

I’m having a acer aspire 5820TG and having a dual core i5 and having the ati mobility redeaon HD5470and when I start the backtrack5 from live cd I need to change the nomodeset to get its terminal and after getting terminal I had tries to use the startx the movement I start it my caps lock led start flashing and I had tried this but nothing had happen. Does installing the backtrack5 on the usb stick would be going to help me can anyone suggest me to how to do that.

Re: How to install backtrack 5 in usb stick

I’m having the Acer 4820tg and was having the same problem like you. Have you tried to change the things in live cd menu like adding the i915.modeset=1 or i915.modeset=0 and check if the problem still persist. You can even try to use KDE x64. You can even tried to use the vga=7xx and make an entry and then write a vesa instead and then try to execute the startx. I’m sure it will going to help you a lot as it really help me out.

If you want to install the back track 5 on usb stick then you need to use the Linux live usb creator and then click on the backtrack and install it on desktop and then follow the 5 steps and then try to find the partition for the usb stick. You should read the backtrack manual to do so or if you don’t get it then search for a guide on net and install it on pc. Well I had also tried the vesa and after that I got a black screen.

You must search for the readme inside the setup of linuxlive usb creator. You must read all the necessary detail as the installation of this is really different from the ubuntu. And make sure you select the proper partition it is mostly listed as sdb
    Code:
     mkdir /mnt/sdb* 
    or 
    mount /dev/sdb* /mnt/sdb*

I don’t think that the backtrack 5 will going to run by making use of Linux live usb creator as I had readed on that it usually run with the Linux. I had tried this feature but it is not working while making use of virtual box in windows 7. Usually there is two possibility 1st is to use the Linux directly by virtualization and the second option is to boot the pc by making use of usb stick but I don’t think it will be going to boot the backtrack in the windows.

Well is there any software to use the Linux directly or boot it using the usb stick as I think it would be going to save the data. I think so the backtrack 5 in the usb stick which had being made by the Linux live would automatically double click on the shortcut which is already present on the backtrack desktop. Well I think while installing the backtrack5 on the usb stick will only going to install the media for it and it will going to run the desktop backtrap5.

Universal USB Installer is a Live Linux USB Creator that allows you to decide from a range of Linux Distributions to place on your USB Flash Drive. The Universal USB Installer is very much easy to use. Just prefer a Live Linux Distribution for the ISO file in the Flash Drive and then just Click Install. Other features contain; Persistence if it’s there and the capability to fat32 format the flash drive to make sure a clean install. Base on the conclusion you should have a bootable USB Flash Drive which will going to select Linux version installed.