Thread: How to modify the Startx and add apt on BackTrack 5?

How to modify the Startx and add apt on BackTrack 5?

I have installed the Gnome of the 32 bit version of the BlackTrack 5. I have installed Ubuntu 11.04 on the computer of mine. I wanted to modify the default BackTrap 5 install. It should load the GUI automatically in the way it is doing auto login. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to get the requirement of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to modify the Startx and add apt on BackTrack 5?

If you are having the graphical login then you have to install the gdm on the computer then you have to startup.
    Code:
    aptitude update
    aptitude install gdm
    after that you have to edit the
    Code:
    /etc/rc.local
    and you have to add following line before exit 0.

Code:
    service gdm start

Well looking at the problem I am suggesting following thing which you should try to fix the matter of yours. you have to put below mentioned line into the Startx.
    Code:
    nano /root/.bash_profile
    once you have add the line on the computer of yours you should simply restart the computer of yours. I am hoping that it would be useful to get the requirement of yours.

I think the thing which you are looking for you would work for you. You should have installed any package manager on the computer of yours. Also it should be possible that card which you have installed on the computer is not having the support. So you should install the latest version of the package manager on the computer to make the thing working for you.

Well I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. I have tried lots of thing to resolve the matter of yours. I have used apt-get command on the computer of yours to install the package on the computer. Also you should install the latest version of the chipset driver on the system of yours. after installing the drivers you should reboot the computer. So try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

Looking at the situation I am suggesting that you should simply reinstall BackTrack 5 on the computer of yours. If there no change in the situation after reinstalling then I recommend that you have to contact the developer and file a bug report to them. The developer would look into the situation and fix the bug which you are getting into the code of the game. They would release the patch which you can apl to fix the matter of yours.