Thread: LED is blinking and screen is blank after executing Startx on BackTrack 5

LED is blinking and screen is blank after executing Startx on BackTrack 5

well I am newbie to Linux based operating system. I have installed BackTrack 5 on the computer of mine. As I execute StartX on the computer and I have get a blank screen on the computer of mine. Let me know why I am getting above mentioned issue on the computer. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: LED is blinking and screen is blank after executing Startx on BackTrack 5

It seems to be difficult why this particular issue is occurring on the computer. Can you tell me about the hardware configuration of the computer? Do you getting any message on the screen? Do you have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer which would help you to smooth running of the computer? Well answer the above mentioned questions which would help me out to find out the exact root cause of the problem.

Well I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here in this particular thrreda,. I recommend below mentioned command on the terminal.
    Code:
    cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf.failsafe /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    the above mentioned command has helped me to figure out the root cause of the problem so try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

Well looking at the situation I am suggesting following command on the terminal which would help you out to fix the matter of yours.
    Code:
    fix-splash
    rm /root/.kde/cache-root/icon-cache.kcache
    rm /root/.kde/cache-root/plasma_theme_Volatile.kcache
    rm /root/.kde/cache-bt/icon-cache.kcache
    rm /root/.kde/cache-bt/plasma_theme_Volatile.kcache
    rm -rf /tmp/vmware-r
    Once you have run the above mentioned command you have to launch the StartX on the computer of yours.

I think there could be an issue with the graphic card drivers which you have installed on the computer. You should install the drivers on the computer and then see the results. If still there is no difference in the situation then I recommend that you have to contact the technical support team to get the further help on this particular matter. I am hoping that the technical support team would help you out to fix the matter of yours.