Thread: Unable to execute metasploit in backtrack 5 after updating db_driver sqlite 3

Unable to execute metasploit in backtrack 5 after updating db_driver sqlite 3

I’m having a backtrack5 install in my pc. Well everything is working well with it but my problem is I can’t able to execute the metasploit. I was using db_driver sqlite 3 and I m getting the problem after updating it. I had got the information that sqlite3 is not supported from now onwards. Can anyone suggest what’s going wrong with it? I had searched a lot on net but I dint get anything. Does anyone know the solution regarding this then please help me out?

re: Unable to execute metasploit in backtrack 5 after updating db_driver sqlite 3

Well even I was having the same problem with it and when I tried to execute the metasploit from the command prompt its give me an error stating that the db_create command is not useful. The database and the schema usually get created by itself and if it is not getting created then you need to created it manually which usually done by the DBMS administrator tools and then again try to execute the metasploit hope it work for you.

re: Unable to execute metasploit in backtrack 5 after updating db_driver sqlite 3

Well I had tried with the DBMS administrator tool and had enter the password and then I got an fatal error stating that password authentication failed for the specific user root and when I’m trying to run the command for the db_create its gives an error stating that failed to connect to the database and the connection had being refused. I’m having the TCP/IP connection and using the port number 5432.i want to ask if I’m running the server on the local host would it going to accept the TCP/IP connection on the port 5432.

I think so there might be the problem with the postgresql for this you just need to setup the postgresql for this just use the below code in the command prompt.
    Code:
    apt-get install postgresql
    When that setup is finished then tried to reset the password and if you still persist with the problem then you must search for that on net or just speak to the technical support.

Well I had used the command as the jenbo but when I try to reset the password but when I try it shows the password is wrong but later when I try to use the metasploit with the database then it ask to change the ruby version 1.8 and for that I had use the below code.

Code:
    # apt-get install libmysqlclient-dev
    # update-alternatives –config ruby
    Here change to 1.8
    # gem install mysql
    and its work for me.

Re: Unable to execute metasploit in backtrack 5 after updating db_driver sqlite 3

I think so there is a problem with the ruby-gem and when I check the db_drivers in the msf the I can’t find the driver. Even the gem had installed the sql and updates the system to fix this problem but that is also not working for me. I had even reinstalled the frame work but that also doesn’t fix the problem with my database and after that I was not able to get the armitage for the mysql. I think so I need to migrate to the blackbuntu.