Thread: how to change the bootsplash screen in Backtrack linux

how to change the bootsplash screen in Backtrack linux

I’m using a backtrack Linux operating system. It’s really working good but the things is I don’t like the wallpaper for that I had changed my wallpaper to the pitch black but even after changing I doesn’t change my boot splash screen. So I want to ask Is there any way to change the boot splash screen and return back to normal screen the system restart. I had search for the things on net but dint get anything. Please suggest me regarding this.

Re: how to change the bootsplash screen in Backtrack linux

It’s really simple to do so for this just go to start button and from there go to setting and there you will get a system setting and in that you will get a workspace appearance in that you will see the splash screen and that click on get new themes and from there you can use any theme whatever you found by typing on search box and then select the splash screen and then click on apply and your are done with it. You can select any and if you want your own then go to the containing folder where it is placed and from there just copy and paste.

You can do this by installing the ubuntu tools. It’s an application which is usually used for configuring the ubuntu very easily and it provides many desktop and system option which the default desktop doesn’t provide you and you can even enjoy the experience of ubuntu. For that tool you can easily change the visual effects and splash you can even change the wallpaper by right clicking on the free desktop space and go to mouse menu and it will going to open the wallpaper and from there select the option of get new wallpaper. You can download the wallpaper from the site.

I was searching for the boot splash which is like an 800x600 resolution. And now when ever I’m going down to the frame buffer at the resolution of 800x600 and then click on login every time I need to scroll down in the vmware. And it’s really wonderful to have a boot splash. I used to use a fix splash 800 but it’s not available now and its available for the higher resolution not the 800x600. I don’t know much about the ubuntu tweak but I think it won’t allow to tweak much in the KDE and its doesn’t work in few system.

Well its really great to have an Backtrack Linux. I want to ask how to change the resolution lastingly. Whenever I’m trying to change the resolution in the KDE through the display and monitor and after that it goes back to the resolution of 800x600 which is by default after rebooting the Backtrack. I want to ask how is bnacktrack5 wallpaper is anyone using it currently. Is it a minor in the back track Linux operating system please suggest.

TO make your own graphical interface you should click on the start button and from there go to setting and after that just click on the system setting and there you just scroll down to the login screen and there you just search for the tab one that say themes and there you will going to get butting with a name install new theme and get new theme click on get new theme and from there download the theme which ever you want. After that just click on that theme when you had search it and then click on apply.