Thread: Windows cannot repair this computer automatically, please help!

sad Windows cannot repair this computer automatically, please help!

Okay, so here is my problem,

I seem totally unable to start up my laptop (a HP, running windows vista)
    I am no expert on computers at all and I've tried all I know:
    starting it normally, pressing f8 and trying all three safe modes, trying to run 'boot logging' and 'last known configuration (advanced)'

Every single option fails to work and I quickly get taken to a black screen with 'windows is loading files...' and a white bar which fills,

I'm then taken to the green loading bar with © microsoft corporation

I then end up at a blue screen and start up repair,
    it searches for problems for less than a minute and then tells me that 'startup repair cannot repair this automatically'.

If I press 'view problem details' I get:

Problem event name StartupRepairV2
    Problem Signature 01: AutoFailover
    Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6000.16386
    Problem Signature 03: 6
    Problem Signature 04: 1114127
    Problem Signature 05: NoRootCause
    Problem Signature 06: NoRootCause
    Problem Signature 07: 0
    Problem Signature 08: 1
    Problem Signature 09: SystemRestore
    Problem Signature 10: 0
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

I also have the option of 'sending information about this programme' which if i click gives a paragraph about removing any recently added portable devices (i haven't added any recently) and resrting the computer.

It also says 'if you continue to see this message, contact your system admin or computer manufacturer for assistance'

I don't know whether all of this information is useful, but I tried to include as much as possible, sorry if it's a little long.
    I have no disc to reinstall from, and currently the only option I can think of to have a working computer is to restore it to its factory settings, which I really do not want to do, I have most of my imporatant files backed up, but their is still a lot on their that I don't want to loose.

I'd really appreciate any help or advice you can give me,
    thankyou!

Re: Windows cannot repair this computer automatically, please help!

Well the whole scenario tells me here that there is an issue to deal with the operating system and also the HDD. I mean either the Operating system is corrupted or the hard disk is having some bad sectors on on it. So now what i want you to so here is that first of all you have to insert a troubleshooting disk in the laptop and then run the same. That disk is provided when we purchase a laptop from the company itself. Now it will check whether there are any hardware failures or not and if there are any then it will let you know abt the same and then evasive action must be taken. And if everything is fine with the hardware then you have to install the new Windows Vista again. I hope it works