Thread: Logitech Webcam Software 2.1 is crashing in Mac

Logitech Webcam Software 2.1 is crashing in Mac

Hey guys, I have been using Logitech C910 webcam in my Mac OS X 10.6.5 from last three months. It was working well until yesterday night. Today morning while I tried to switch from the photo option to video in the Logitech Webcam Software (LWS) 2.1, it was continuously crashing, no matter what I do, how many times I try. Can anyone tell me why LWS is crashing in my Mac system? If anyone is having any solution for the problem, please share the necessary information with me as well.

Re: Logitech Webcam Software 2.1 is crashing in Mac

The problem might have occurred because of some compatibility issue between two applications which I running in your computer. So, first of all I would suggest you to remove any application or the program which you have installed in recent times and check out how your Logitech webcam software is performing. If you find that the issue gets resolved after you remove those applications from your system, then it is for sure that they were the sole reason behind this unusual behavior and unknown crashing of LWS software in your system.

You mentioned that you are running the Mac 10.6.5 Operating system in your computer system. So, in this case I would like you to first uninstall the Logitech Webcam Software from your system and then restart your computer. Once you have restarted the computer, I would suggest you to update you Mac OS to the latest available version of the OS, i.e. 10.6.6 at the moment. Once you have installed the latest update for your Mac, reinstall the LSW in your system and check whether you are still experiencing the same old crashing issue with your Logitech webcam Software

I will suggest you to visit the official website of Logitech and download the latest available Logitech Webcam Software. Make sure that you are downloading the right setup file for LWS. Also remember to download the setup for your MAC running computer and not for Windows or Linux system. Once you have completed doing this, install the following application in your system and restart your system whenever your computer is prompting or asking for the same.

Your concern is really appreciated. But unfortunately, I am still stuck in the same issue. Still I can see my Logitech Webcam Software getting crashed in my Mac Os running computer. Along with the following issue I have noticed some other issue while I am trying to use the webcam with the Skype messenger which I have installed in my Mac system. I can notice that the screen resolution is changing whenever I am connecting my webcam to the system. What must be causing this issue now? Pleas ehelp me guys.

For your issue with the Skype messenger, I would recommend you to uninstall the current version of the Skype which you are using in your system into the latest version which is available on the official website of Skype. Visit the official website of Skype and download the latest version of Skype available for Mac Operating system and download the same in your system. Once done with downloading the file, I would recommend you to install the following in your system and check whether you are still facing the issue or not.

In my opinion, there is no problem with the Skype software which you have installed in your system. But the problem is strongly in the Logitech webcam which you are trying to use. According to me, the Skype is changing the screen resolution when it detects that not enough power is supplied to the CPU of the system. Or when it finds that the speed of the Internet is less. So, you should probably wait for new updates for the software and try them out. The problem seems to be from the Logitech side. Wait for them itself to solve the issue.