Thread: Failed to mound the partition subsequent to reinstalling Leopard

Failed to mound the partition subsequent to reinstalling Leopard

I am having the iMac that is running the Leopard. It was running very slow and therefore I thought that installing the leopard will resolve the problem and I did the same. The installation was normal and executed successfully without any problem. Now I am not able to mount the partition. Please tell me that how can I do the mounting of that. I am stuck with that and don’t know that how to resolve this. I will appreciate each and every reply on this. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Failed to mound the partition subsequent to reinstalling Leopard

I think that you have installed the osx on wrong portion which is the bootcamp. This is for the windows based install. This is the reason that you are facing this problem. I would like to tell you that the Macintosh is nothing but the journaled partition and you will have to install it in the Mac partition. I think that this much information is enough for you to get the idea of your mistake.

I would like to tell you that if you failed to repartition the mac side the all the info will remain there and just the Operating system file will be reinstalled. This is the main reason for this problem. The boot camp is for the use of the DVD to acquire the partition disk utility. You are suppose to drive out the disk afterward take out a windows disk inside similar to windows 7 etc. I hope that this will help you. Thank you.

I do not believe that this is because the data remains there as suggested above. This is only possible if you repartition Macintosh but if you have not repartitioned the Macintosh then there is only one option for you and that is to reinstall that. This is according to my knowledge about this. Let’s see if someone has any different opinion regarding this. I am also waiting for the replies of this.

It is strange that you are not able to mount the older Mac partition. It is not the subject if you install on partition made by Boot Camp. It must mount every partition once booted to OS X. I can't state that you wouldn't encompass a problem. While you install OS X, there is a choice to archive as well as install. This will only replace your OS install but leave the user accounts and installed programs unaided. The only matter is that it can include the same difficulty subsequent to the install which you had earlier than you install the OS X first time. But it must get you to the files for the backup therefore you can clean the entire drive.

It is possible that the Macintosh partition is altered in some way to display the setup screen in a valid partition. When you reach the setup screen you up utilities and click on Disk Utility found Tues Macintosh partition and see if it shows there. Let me know how it went. I am saying this to ;you so that I can give you some alternate solution for this.