Thread: Cant burn the file as disc doesn’t have enough space as an error message in Nero 10?

Cant burn the file as disc doesn’t have enough space as an error message in Nero 10?

Well friends I have been using Nero and windows 7 from some time but I have never came across this problem but this time I have been facing this problem I don’t know how to get rid of it so please help me guys? My problem is I have a file of just 700MB and I have been trying to burn it on a DVD which is much more then this but it still shows the error that the file can’t be burnt can anyone tell me what’s the problem how can I solve this how can I get rid of this please help me guys?

re: Cant burn the file as disc doesn’t have enough space as an error message in Nero 10?

Hey I to got this problem when the last time I was doing this, I was trying to burn some files on a CD and it showed me the error, later I found out what was the problem actually I had a file of some 400MB or so and my disk was around 700MB as I just wanted to create a CD so I was trying to copy those file to the disk but whenever I use to do this it use to take complete 700MB and still some part of the file was remaining to get on the Disc I thought there is some problem with the Disc but the second Disc also said that after trying hard I found out that it was a selection problem I was selecting to make it as a DVD file so the small videos were automatically converted and was increased so that it looks like a DVD and this can be the problem with you to just check out if you are selecting everything properly.

re: Cant burn the file as disc doesn’t have enough space as an error message in Nero 10?

I have always faced this problem with nero and I think Nero seems to not know how to correctly detect the size of a DVD more. I have a film project that I created using a third party program. The album was more of a normal size DVD. So I used DVD Shrink for my film form on a disk. I've done a lot of movies before. Now, with Nero 9 to start copying all the files and then about 1 min left to copy the program says it has enough space. At this point, the disc is in ruins and Nero is useless. I suggest learning the file size and solve this problem quickly. Until then, think I'll use Roxio as DVD recording it is much easier to Nero.

Many time these problems occur and we try everything out of it to solve the problem and nothing happens and we remain unaware of what the problem was, same thing with me I have found this problem to many time and many time I have found that disc has been corrupted the disc has some problem with it and we were trying hard over this so I would like to tell you that be sure that your disk is working properly and you haven’t tried to write anything before on it.

I would like to tell you that there was some problem with the very new version of the nero 10 but it was possibly solved in the newer version so I think unluckily u might have got the faulty Disc which had the problem regarding all this so I think you got to update the newer version and this might solve your problem and you would be able to burn the files easily again so do the updating in this faulty version and enjoy the new version all the best hope you get rid of your problem.

Re: Cant burn the file as disc doesn’t have enough space as an error message in Nero 10?

Hey guys thanks a lot this was nice to deal with this discussion and i am really thankful that you all have tried to help me out of this and so i really liked it that there are so many guys who have been helping me, not all off the comments were so useful for me but its OK i really appreciate the effort which you all guys have been doing so i think i am very happy with this would like to thanks once again.

Re: Cant burn the file as disc doesn’t have enough space as an error message in Nero 10?

Peice of cake.
    Use a 2 pass transcode so Nero can correctly determine the actual size its going to need to use. After the first pass it knows how big the file will be.
    A one pass is faster but not acurate enough sometimes...especially for MKVs.
    Works everytime for me....and the videos look better anyway.