Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2011

Need to delete drivers of QuickCam Pro 4000 from windows 7.

Hi I have recently purchased Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 and I have been using it on my windows vista till last month, but during last month I had installed Windows 7 on my computer. QuickCam Pro 4000 was working well when I first plugged it and installed software named as QuickCam 10.5 assuming that it will work better However, it stopped working. So I had to uninstall the QuickCam 10.5 but even after deleting it Quickcam was not working. So as now I need to delete the drivers of Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 that is still in my computer.
Old 04-07-2011

Re: Need to delete drivers of QuickCam Pro 4000 from windows 7.

There was no need to install the QuickCam 10.5 software as QuickCam can run with its default drivers. I think that you have not uninstalled the QuickCam 10.5 software properly as this could be the problem why your QuickCam pro is not working. As I would like to suggest you to kindly uninstall the QuickCam 10.5 software properly as some of its file must have left out from getting deleted.
Old 04-07-2011

As per my knowledge I don?t think that Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 works with windows 7! As even i had try using Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 on my windows 7 but it doesn?t seems to be working on it so I had to finally switch to windows XP and I found it to be working well on it. so I would request you to kindly try using it on windows xp before uninstalling the drivers.
Old 04-07-2011

Hi here is the way to uninstall the drivers. Please follow the below procedure:
? Go to Control Panel and select System and Security
? Now click on System and select Device Manager
? Now go down to the category and select option "Sound Video and Game Controllers"
? Now Right-click on your webcam's mic listing, that will be shown as USB Audio Device
? Now Select Uninstall option
? Go down the category and select "Imaging Devices" or "Other Devices"
? Now right-click on your webcam's listing, that will be shown as USB Video Device or Unknown Device
? Now Select Uninstall option
? Then unplug your webcam and restart your computer.
Old 05-07-2011

Please follow the below procedure to restore your system to a point before the webcam was installed:
? Go to Start Menu
? Type System Restore in the search box, and
? Select System Restore from the list
? Now you will get all the steps just follow those steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,