Thread: Do you like or dislike steam guard

Do you like or dislike steam guard

I really wish valve had told me about this instead of forcing it on me without warning. It's been four days since you filed an application for steam, and not yet have contacted me about regaining access to my two additional steam accounts. I was fortunate that the other three accounts that had seeing as buying a platinum package ten years ago, had Comcast.net email addresses attach to them. But my two main accounts do not have a current email address on them, because when I moved, I changed my ISP, and even steam Guard arrived, was fine. Now that they have been damaged through no fault of mine, by steam, as NO access to the account of almost 5 days. Was anyone else notified that vapor Guard was activated by default?

Re: Do you like or dislike steam guard

I like it for the reason that I am acquainted with my mind and it is approximately not possible to access by anybody apart from me, even if they one way or another pass my password. From my e-mail verification is two way, so it is secure unless a big shot has together my password and my cell phone. It is significant to always maintain access to e-mail addresses connected to online accounts. Once the e-mail on your account distorted to an active email address, I advise you stop and safer Steam Guard your e-mail if available. Gmail is complimentary and available through two activation form of text messages with his cell phone.

I do not require account defense from steam; I have 12 digits true random number generated passwords. It would take living for any type of brute force password generator to estimate my passwords. They are supposed to not have enabled this feature without warning the customer. I had no warning at all that steam guard had been installed, a great deal less activated. I never needed up to date email accounts in the past, for the reason that there was no steam Guard. I am knowledgeable to tell by all your response that the majority of you have passwords that you can keep in mind in your heads for your steam account. That’s just simple unintelligent. I have a blaze drive that has all of my passwords on it. I have been by means of computers for 10 years and never had single single virus, why would I need Valve to help me secure my accounts.

I love Steam Guard. I have 3 sets of PC and a laptop running on my Steam account and authentication of the vapor guard is really very simple. Too bad you do not have a short message service (or other phone) the verification process. That would put my mind to really put my mind at ease, especially since I feel very fortunate in my Steam account. Provide me additional safety features please. I would feel affection for code word verification if likely.

From Guard steam, the amount of "I was hacked! 1" wire fell like a stone. You have the liability to have an email address close to your email report at every time. This is how steam works. Steam Guard is just a dissimilar structure based on that, still if it was disabled by default, should have an official email else in the future. Guard I have been using steam since beta release for him, never had any problems, everything was smooth as silk from the beginning.

I appreciate the annoyance of the Operation; I had my Steam account hijacked a chance time and then having to stay days and days of hold up to get back in contact with me. They do not labor weekends. That supposed, I off protector steam, and yes, when it became basically by default. Anyone heard of "opt out" I have a password level 10 now, like that is a random number generator. I do not let Firefox store any. I would have on paper. I have had a credit card, bank account, steam hacked my own forum. I'm tired of it. BUT, steam could have said something.

Steam Guard Ike is a pain, requiring repartitioning reauthorization time, but I like the extra layer of protection. Steam Guard was activating only in individuals who had troubled to make sure to verify their email. Everybody else has had they desire to activate manually. There has been a marked reduction in the pondering into account hacked from the vapor guard was initiate. You and you unaccompanied are responsible for not keeping your account information to date. The facts are, if he had, Steam Guard would not be a problem for you at this time.