Thread: How to run the external subtitles via DLNA

How to run the external subtitles via DLNA

I have recently purchased the LG 650LD TV that comes with the Nero MediaHome. I am wondering that how can I run subtitles as of external srt files along with a movie. I did the online search for the solution of this but got nothing that can work with this. So I decided to take help from here. Please help me to get this issue resolved. I will be thankful to all the helpful replies on this.

Re: How to run the external subtitles via DLNA

Can I ask that why you want to run an external SRT through a movie? I believe that the only subtitles you are able to utilize are the ones within the movie itself. You can also ask to the Nero tech support people either by email or via chat line. Also see that the copy of Nero Media Home that you have through the TV is an fundamentals version, i.e., it doesn't contain the ability of the full version. In addition, it is also most likely not up to date, though it can be updated.

I would like to tell you that this is simply not possible with the Nero MediaHome 4. This is because the Nero MediaHome 4 is only having the support for the hard-coded subtitles and that is the reason that you cannot do that. I don’t know that it is possible by either way. Let’s see if there is some tricky way to do that in the upcoming posts. I am also waiting for the replies.

I am not agree with the above post because I have used the MediaHome 4 for many months and I can say that it has the support for the external subtitles. I frequently make use of the .srt files but the .sub format also mworks well with that. If we talk about the performance then it is more dependable through .avi files but I have used that by .mkv files and found that nit is less reliable with that.

I am having the method by which the subtitles can function. So below are the things that should be taken care while doing that.
    • First the movie and the subs should be in the similar directory.
    • Those two files must be having the similar name besides suffix.
    • There should be no blank spaces within movie and sub file name

I'm really anxious to get a working solution for viewing with subtitles inside the containers. So there will never be a solution with Nero MediaHome? Atm I have only the essential, and that came with my TV. However, since you really can not find any other media server that works as well as Nero. With that bit about 98% of what I see through the media server as my Japanese subtitles still not enough for a show within an acceptable time frame.