Thread: How to edit the Autobackup Settings?

How to edit the Autobackup Settings?

Friends, I need to edit the autobackup settings but when I select the "autobackup" then it start doing the autobackup directly and do not allow me to edit the settings when it does the backup. It is very frustrating. Can somebody tell me that how can I edit my autobackup settings devoid of beginning the autobackup. I tried all the things that I know but that do not solve the problem. Please help me to do that.

Re: How to edit the Autobackup Settings?

I can recall that when you right click on the autobackup icon that is there in the system tray and select the properties. From there you can change the setting that you need. If you want more information on this then you can check the help file and you will get the detailed information for that. I wish that this will be helpful for you. Please reply back if this helps you or not so that I can move to more advanced solution of this.

It is possible for you to change the autobackup settings through the Nero BackItUp. So install this application on your computer and then select the “Backup" and from there choose "Autobackup". Now click the "Modify Autobackup settings or turn it off" for modifying the settings. You can go for the Nero backup manual if you want to get more information on this.

First of all, open the Backup and Restore Center from the start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Backup and Restore Center. After this, simply click on the Change settings and then select Change backup settings. After that, you will just have to follow the simple onscreen instructions. It may ask you for the admin password. If it asks that then provide the same to proceed. And by this way, you will be able to change the settings for that.

Setting up Autobackup is mainly helpful when you desire to perform regular backups. The compensation are, e.g. that every the settings intended for the backup have previously been configured and that there is no danger of forgetting a backup date otherwise of not carrying out the backup as planned (providing the computer is on). Autobackup formats exterior otherwise interior hard drive in the company of the NTFS file system if it is formatted through a different file system. In this case, every data lying on this drive will be misplaced.

Netcordia NetMRI is actually helpful for this purpose if you would not only save your configuration files, but also be alerted when a configuration change, see who made the change, in one click compared to the configuration file before the new configuration file, then you should consider looking into NetMRI Netcordia as a solution to multi-user configuration files from the managed Cisco devices and many other vendors as well, Juniper, 3Com, HP, Extreme, Nortel to name a few .