Thread: Is it safe to delete temporary files from Nero PeakFiles folder

Is it safe to delete temporary files from Nero PeakFiles folder

I have been using the Nero burning software from the past one year and recently I am using the version 8. Before a while I wasn’t noticing much about my system folders and something like existing folders or files. Now my HDD space has become almost full and I need to free up the space. For that purpose I first went to delete all the temporary files exist in the system. While looking I come across AllUsers/ApplicationData/Nero/Nero8/PeakFiles directory. There was almost 5 to 6 GB of .tmp files. Now my question is can I remove them safely? Will this effect Nero?

Re: Is it safe to delete temporary files from Nero PeakFiles folder

Peak files are usually created through Wave Editor while you put in an audio file. I would believe you possibly will erase them ever since, if they don't live while you put in a file, it will generate a latest one. I don't discern if files analyzed while importing into Vision result within the generation of peak files otherwise if additional applications within Nero generate peak files.

I don’t know whether it is safe to delete those files or not but the fact is different in Windows. During installation and adjustment of programs are always some files on the hard disk that can be removed afterwards. Many of these files with the Windows Disk Cleanup tool to clean. Windows Disk Cleanup can be reached through the Windows Explorer by right clicking on the Windows partition (usually the C: drive) and select Properties, General tab, Disk Cleanup button. Select all types of files (except Office Setup files, it can later come in handy) and remove the files by pressing the OK button.

The Nero generates together a .wpk file foremost, after that while you save it will generate a .tmp file within the similar position, (anywhere you encompass it set inside "directories). Afterward it must erase together while you shut the program. In each edition up to 5.5.9.0 it erases mutually of them, except during this edition the temporary files are left at the back, and is the similar size like the .wav file. I established this is 7.2, 8.0, as well as 8.2 every one of them delete the temp file apart from 9.0.

Windows or other applications created files in the directory time: C: \ Documents and Settings \ Owner \ Local Settings \ Temp: Once the applications closed, these files are not deleted by the application that created them, be it Windows or other software. The result: temporary files cluttering the hard drive and eventually occupy a significant space. The same thing happened in Nero Root folder or what we called source folder. Emptied from time to time this folder is safe. These are just temporary files without utilities. If one of these files is used by an application still open it will be impossible to erase.

A peak file is a little file through the extension “.gpk” routinely formed through Wavelab each moment a file is customized otherwise opened within Wavelab (if it hasn’t been before). The peak file has data regarding the waveform, and decides how it is strained within the wave window. By defaulting, peak files as well as view memory files are saved inside the identical folder like the associated audio file. Setting this toward an additional directory on a dissimilar drive can get better performance to a positive amount. In spite of whether this directory is on a dissimilar drive otherwise not you as well obtain the benefit of not having the audio file directory messy through non-audio files if a divide directory is utilized.

As far as my knowledge concern there is no problem about deleting the .tmp files or files that reside in the temporary folder of any applications. If those files are the important files then it cannot be delete any way if it already used by the Nero. However in Nero there might be an option to delete or erase those peak files from your computer. You don’t get it then you can manually do it.