Thread: Multiple computers Image backup with Nero BackItUp

Multiple computers Image backup with Nero BackItUp

I am having the Nero BackItUp & Burn edition 5.8.4.100. My main aim for that was to create an image backup for a 300GB Windows XP SP3 machine. I have made the bootable version of the program and put the backup and confirm the complete drive for Windows XP SP3 machine as an image. The bootable version of this program aborted after about 4.5 hours. I can’t see the three images on my hard drive. I want to ask that if I can confirm through the Windows version for BackItUp & Burn image backup that I created through the bootable version of program?

Re: Multiple computers Image backup with Nero BackItUp

I would like to tell you that the EULA for the many of the nero products shows the single license, You can use the trial version for the backup one of your computers. Technically, I also cannot understand that why you are not able to get the all three images in one hard disk. As far as I know that the image files are not bootable and so you are not able to do that. If you are using the XP SP2 system then you must know that the Microsoft doesn't hold up SP2 anymore.

It is very much probable to stock up backups for the multiple computers on top of the similar exterior drive. Windows backup supplies the file backups within a folder named subsequent to the machine name that is there as target. Image backups are put within WindowsImageBackup\<MachineNameFolder> lying on the target. Therefore, anything on this will not be overwritten as the machine names are exclusive.

Have you moved the backup folders to some other folder? I am asking that because if you do that then the backup program will not discover that if you try to restore it. This can be the reason for the issue that you are facing. So if you have done that then just take those folders to their place again and after that try to perform the restore again to see if that works for you or not. I hope that this will resolve the problem for you.

If you are trying to make the image backup within the same drive then the original backup will be covered. This is for the reason that the image backup will be taken to the folder named as WindowsImageBackup. If you shift the original folder to any of the other folders then it will be already there if you try to do any second back up. I hope that this will be helpful to you to know the solution of the issue that you are facing.

Windows Backup does not permit you to select a folder in a disk drive to store your backups. As explained above, are stored in a folder with the name of the MachineName backup files and as WindowsImageBackup \ backup image. If you need this functionality, you can use the solution to create a folder on the disc and share what they share and the configuration of this participation as a destination in the setup wizard backup.