Thread: BackItUp doing complete backup after configuring for incremental with Nero

BackItUp doing complete backup after configuring for incremental with Nero

There are many threads on the same issue. I am having the Nero BackItUp & Burn Version ident 5.2.9001 which is running on 64bit Windows Vista. I know that the initial backup for an "Incremental" configuration is a complete backup but it is doing full backup each time and that consumes around two hours to back up 24-30 GB of data in my case. The only strange obsession is that I don't generally have my exterior backup disk plugged in for weekly backup, so I try to run this by right clicking and choosing "Run now" when possible. Please help me.

Re: BackItUp doing complete backup after configuring for incremental with Nero

It may be because when you choose the Run Now then it just ignores the incremental backup and so this is doing the full backup all the time when you try to attempt that. What you can do is just plug in the external hard drive earlier than the subsequently scheduled backup and check what occurs after that. So try this and see if that helps you or not. Also reply me the result of this.

I execute a weekly incremental to DVD and it does not make a complete backup each week. In the case you, I think that you are forcing the backup since you did not contain your target drive installed every the time when you try to do the backup. That might (I don't know) reason the incremental to be overridden. Are you allowing the Backitup just perform the backup since you contain the target drive installed every the time?

The best and the simple way for this is to send an e-mail for this issue to the tech support and they will provide you the reason along with the solution of this. This is the best thing that you should do. Other than this, you can also go for the chat line with then and you will get the solution instantly. I wish that you will be out of the issue soon. Please post the solution here as well so that other users who are facing the similar problem can get some idea from that.

I would also recommend that the target be reachable on that time of backup so as for avoiding it to not being run. If you are having some previous versions of Nero BackItUp then you should update that to the newest version of that. If you are having the 5.2 Version then you can make use that serial key for downloading the version 5.6. If you are having the Nero 10 then you just do the update with the help of the Nero Control Center.

I have solved this problem with the Vista restore point. What I did is, just reinstalled the BackItUp/BackItUp & Burn software. This time, I obtained the Nero BackItUp icon within the tray which was not there previously and after that I ran the incremental backup without any problem. Now I am having the "When the drive is connected" criterion as the only motive I plug that drive in is intended for the scheduled backup, therefore it may be the trigger for that.

I noticed a comparable problem. I found that Nero BackItUp compares the dates of the backup files before the people on my team. Among my monthly backups of the clocks had gone forward to summer time. Windows 7 fits your screen when modifying the files accordingly. BackItUp I see the different times and the Archives is necessary to turn back. I worked around the problem of de-selection of DST.