Thread: Lost Audio database after Nero upgrade

Lost Audio database after Nero upgrade

I have recently shifted to the Windows 7 and so I up upgraded to Nero 10. Earlier, I was using the Nero 6. There is no problem with the Nero 10. Problem is that, I have lost the audio database of it totally as of Nero Burning ROM. It was one of the most helpful features for me. I want that feature again, Can you tell me that how can I get that back. Please assist me; I will appreciate each and every helpful reply on this.

Re: Lost Audio database after Nero upgrade

I would like to tell you that Gracenote has included the Burning Rom in addition to the other apps and so this seems strange that you are not getting that. Anyway, you can check for the Check for Updates of it and if that is available then you can install that in your computer and that will resolve the problem for you. This is the only thing that I can recommend you and hope that it will help you as well.

There are many things that are modified in the years from the time when version 6 came out. And that feature is removed in their recent release. If you go to the Audio CD and choose New and then Extras > Save Audio Tracks then in the source tab you will be able to specify the drive having the audio cd. If you ‘do so then you will get that Gracenote is displaying the metadata. Other than this, in the Output Tab, you will be able to indicate the location for the files that will comprise the metadata.

Hi all, for me also the user database was one of the most significant features from Nero. As for the way the metadata are retrieved and file locations, these seem no different from the way Nero 6 worked, other than the source of the metadata now being Gracenote. There seems to me to be no reason at all for removing the functionality. Can you say what was the last version of Nero Burning ROM to have the database, and will that run as a standalone (i.e., without the whole suite) on Windows 7? Or will my Nero 6 Burning ROM run on Windows 7?

I could jump at the chance to tell you that Gracenote has been part of Nero in light of the fact that rendition 9, Nero 8 was the final one that had the past database form. Unfortunately, you should not have the ability to institute Nero 8 on Windows 7, the first form to totally underpin Windows 7 was Nero 9.4.26.0. In across the board, it is plausible to commission a preceding form of Nero shoulder to shoulder Nero 10. Gracenote holds a quite vast number of titles however.

When you add a commercial CD to the local database, Nero can access its Internet data provider and retrieve the track and other information to store in the database, as well as for adding metadata for track saving/burning. With this metadata, you can also save your OWN CD compilations in the local database, and search them as you do the commercial CDs. I'm guessing that not many users discovered this functionality, and it looks like Nero has dropped it for no reason that I can grasp. Could it be that Nero moved it to another part of the suite?

This might be a user database having the titles which have been burned through Nero otherwise a program database. The program database comes as of freedb and have to be loaded against your PC earlier than use (see 'The Nero CD database'). Once you have completed this, the title of an inserted CD as well as the artist is (typically) recognized and will not have got to be entered yourself.