Thread: Nero 10: Unable To Open Recording Device

Nero 10: Unable To Open Recording Device

I have updated to the Nero 10 and I am receiving some problems now. So can someone help me out. I am having Windows 7. I am receiving the message that it is unable to open the recording device. But when I record it I get the message that There is no sample format selected. Please select a format and click OK. When I select the red button. So someone please help me out. Thanks to all in advance.

Re: Nero 10: Unable To Open Recording Device

Yes you said it right I am also getting the same message as you are getting. I have also recently upgraded to the Nero 10 and the problem started. I have searched it on the internet but have not found out the suitable solution for it. I have never received such problems with the Nero 7, 8, 9. But I am getting it in 10. So Is there anyone who can help us out. Thanks, to all who are going to reply.

I also had the same issue. But to solve out you have to make sure that the stereo mix is being enabled into your sound card. If this is not done then also you will face these kinds of problem. So to get the things right you should go to the Control panel/sound then go to the recording tab and right click and in device area you should select show disabled devices and there you should set stereo mix as the default.

I also had the same problem. I think during the release the Nero should have also given the list of setting to be done. Any how I have solved out my problem and thanks to this forum and all those who gave the solution. The problem was that I had recently switched xfi sound card to m/b sound chip. So I think the setting have been changed but the above reply helped me out to solve the problem. Thank you.

I think that there will be hardly any different answer to this thread because to solution provided above is absolutely correct and I don’t think that there will be any other solution to it. I think we should be allowed to choose Stereomix or Wavemix. This option is not displayed in the windows 7 normally because it is normally disabled and we need to enable it manually. Sorry I don’t know how to do that.