Thread: Unable to load the Nouveau Driver on the Xserver on Arch Linux

Unable to load the Nouveau Driver on the Xserver on Arch Linux

Recently I have installed Arch Linux on the computer of mine. I am not having lots of information regarding Linux based operating system hence I have come to this forum to get help from the users of this forum. Recently I have installed xf86-video-nouveau on the computer. Well I am getting couple of error message while creating the configuration files as well as entering startx on the computer of mine. Let me know why I am getting the above mentioned issue. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to load the Nouveau Driver on the Xserver on Arch Linux

In order to figure out the root cause of the problem I wanted to ask some particular information so that I can figure out the root cause of the problem. Let me know about the hardware configuration of the computer of yours. Do you have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer of yours? you have mentioned that you are getting an error message on the computer so you should post the error message which you are getting so that I can figure out the exact root cause of the problem.

I think you have to perform Kernel Mode Setting for the drivers which you have installed on the computer of yours. The KMS would be enabled at the time of the Loading Modules. It might create an undesirable screen flickers on the system of yours. you should simply remove the Vga= option from the kernel command line into the /boot/grub/menu.lst. any other framebuffer drivers would cause the conflict on the KMS. So you have to configure the KMS appropriately so that you can resolve the issue.

I am suspecting that the nouveau drivers might be lacking the hardware acceleration. If you are not supposed to run anything like composite window manger like compiz. If you are not wanted the same then I think you need not to have a 3D acceleration and the drivers which you have installed on the computer would be working fine. I am hoping that the thing which I have mentioned over here would be useful to you.

Well I think you need to use the PKGBUILD is used to build the script so that you can make the package easily. You can create the packages in this particular operating system by using the makepkg utlity and information which has been stored into the PKGBUILD files. As you run the makepkg on the computer it would simply search for PKGBUILD in to the current directory and you have to use the instruction which I have mentioned over here so that you can either compile or build the package on the computer of yours. the packages which you have created would have the binary files and installation instruction which you can use to install the file on the system of yours.

If you have installed the proprietary nvidia driver on the computer than the nouveau would not work for you. To make the thing working I recommend that you have to uninstall the propriety Nvidia drivers from the system of yours. you need to use the following command on the computer of yours.
    Code:
    pacman -Rdd nvidia nvidia-utils
    also you might need to balcklist the same by using the following command.
    blacklist nvidia

after doing the same you will be able to fix the matter of yours.