Thread: Is there any way to remove the traces of deleted files?

Is there any way to remove the traces of deleted files?

Hi friends I am having a situation here. Do you think that there is a way to remove the traces of the files which were deleted? I am trying to remove the names of the deleted files that come up after running a data recovery program. Well I have tried using Z-delete but still the file names appear. So is there any program or any kind of software to wipe out the names of the file or completely remove deleted files?

Re: Is there any way to remove the traces of deleted files?

Not sure I realize: you ran a data recovery program, I'm assuming that to recover something that was unintentionally deleted. For the files have been recovered and now has excess files that cannot be removed. Are these extra files that were recovered? Or is that files created in the process of recovery, or files created by the recovery software itself? Well, unless you are planning to sell your computer or have family members with experience on how to recover deleted files then there is actually nothing to be anxious about.

I would try to defragment the hard drive and then copy a large file (larger than has been like a movie) several times to overwrite the HD for most or all the free space. Then delete the copies of the defrag again and again. It should not be much for a recovery program to find. As far as I know the list of the recovery program for removed files are produced from remains left on the hard disk, so there is no list of fragments.

Check the division of the cleaning unit here at Major Geeks. There's one called DP Wipe that is sure to delete the files, but I think that you clean the rest of the files already deleted. You may have to recover the files, and then wipe clean with DP. Also, for future reference Spybot Search & Destroy has a shredder advanced security selection. This is great for getting rid of things they do not want to leave. Drag the files into it and away they go.

There is a liberated program called Restoration 2514 just types this into your search space and sees numerous places for the free download. This program will show you the whole thing that has been removed and remains on the computer even the places you've visited and I do not want anyone to see. You will have the opportunity to delete these files forever from your computer. I really hope this helps you. All the best!

Some of the other posters seem to be missing the point I will try to clarify it a bit. What we're trying to do is make sure the file names are gone forever and not recovered. Regardless of the fact that the data in the file may or may not have disappeared like some or all of the filenames unreadable without having to reformat the hard drive.
    For example, private self research and consulting for companies and is critical to many that anything that can be traced back to them. For a while I used to use his name as part of the filename. When you delete the file and clean up the system so that the data could not be recovered using one of the many programs cleaning software that will scan the data has gone forever, the name of the file could be recovered with any file second recovery software. I played around with this and so far I have yet to find a software program that will remove the names of file permanently. I've even been able to recover once the names of the files after formatting a disk. So the only way you can be sure the file names are gone forever, is to eliminate the hard drive, drill some holes in it, beaten with a hammer until you are sure that it is beyond repair .

I know someone who was given a laptop as a gift from someone who bought it used by someone else. The original person thought that removes all but that was far from the case. He would be humiliated if he knew what had been found. Anyway, made me think deeply delete my own files, especially after the burning of private information to a data representation of mirror disk on my computer unnecessary. I do not want to read private data if the laptop is stolen or someone hacks into it, etc. In addition to drilling holes in the hard disk, how effective is the application of eraser? I've heard of people doing what is called zero-tion of your deleted files. How is that done? Is that what makes draft? Finally, it is intense exposure of the hard drive for the work of the magnets? Probably a silly question, but I just want to know what can be done so that even an evil genius cannot find my deleted files that my laptop never be stolen.