Thread: HP Simple Pass Identity Protection application is not compatible with Firefox 4.0

HP Simple Pass Identity Protection application is not compatible with Firefox 4.0

I’m using hp simple pass identity protections application. I know Mozilla has released Firefox version 4.0 But I heard it is not well-matched .With the release of Firefox 4 today I’m not able to use HP Simple Pass identity protection software with it, but with Microsoft internet explorer 9 it is compatible. I was wondering if anyone has an idea of when new software updates can be released. When it will release it update so that it can support hp simple pass identity protection application.

Re: HP Simple Pass Identity Protection application is not compatible with Firefox 4.0

Thank you for contacting Digital Persona. No update releases .DigitalPersona staff in the future. No updates Mozilla Firefox 4 or Microsoft Internet Explorer 9. If you work, if they do Digital Persona does not work, then you will have to make a decision whether to hold a Personal and give up Firefox or IE 4 9, or vice versa. Digital Persona is leaving the consumer market and focus on business applications. In actuality, not with Digital Persona Personal hold up after In mid June this year. We make an apology for any cause inconvenience to this may cause. Sincerely, Technical Team.

Re: HP Simple Pass Identity Protection application is not compatible with Firefox 4.0

Now that I've been waiting for some time and not even give an answer to this problem which affects thousands of users! I see no official answer to almost any subject in this forum. It's clear to me that Hewlett-Packard is not a serious company. It is simply an organizational disaster, with many people who know nothing of good or service the customer! Where is his professionalism here, Hewlett-Packard. My PC is fewer a month old. I have guarantee! If the manufactured goods you purchase does not work, because if that is supposed to fix it. Or else, do not implement the features you can not fully hold up As simple as that!

I am the novel proprietor of an HP Pavilion with Windows 7, and I have previously notified this difficulty. In view of the fact that Firefox is my favorite browser, the version I have when I downloaded as I sat at my PC was Firefox 4. Of course, the Digital Persona application is unsuited with this version of your browser! So I HP sells manufactured goods that include hardware and software that is deceased before you can really make use of. Wow! Since I'm still under guarantee, I have taken subject with HP support directly. Hopefully we can get HP to pay attention to this subject!

If HP is to come for a dangerous accumulation of complaints, perhaps this will tip the equilibrium. right away after buying my new dm4t few weeks ago, I install the latest version of Firefox. I will resolve not to go into a conversation of the relative reimbursement of Firefox over Internet Explorer, but it is disgraceful that deception has not in a straight line to the fingerprint scanner on my laptop and its supplementary software as having an interface with the Internet browsers can unlock meeting on websites. Internet browsers are updated, so that HP can carry on selling and marketing this mixture of hardware / software fully knowing that it is not being repaired or updated the interface in a meaningful way with current browsers makes the combination of hardware / software is not suitable for any use. I contacted HP technical maintain newly and was prearranged a somewhat improved forecast than the threatening letter floating approximately Simple Pass maker, however, the accuracy of any part of this statement is questionable. Hands on HP. It's a huge machine, but in standard I do not like life form lied to and I am within the return period.

Good to hear others are having this problem and not happy with HP and Digital Persona for it. Firefox is a browser without doubt first class and the sale of new hardware with incompatible software is not exactly a good practice. I give confidence anyone, no enjoyment to maintain putting the pressure on. I think if this software is not compatible then any resolution must be obtainable if the new software or a currency.

Following a long converse with an agent of HP, I on the whole said that HP only supports the software and hardware misgivings came with the PC. They will not hold up 3rd party apps (like Firefox), because it was software that come with the PC first. He also stated that this problem forward Mozilla, and in a news dude, could make SimplePass compliant browser (although I'd hate to see why). HP has jumped ship and basically said "use or IE9 or not our fingerprint reader. Looking back now, very disappointed. Ready to sell this equipment, and buy elsewhere. Oh, well.