Thread: How to cut the few seconds of part from the m4v file?

How to cut the few seconds of part from the m4v file?

I am having some the videos that I have selected and kept along side. They are my favorite videos, so I have converted them from my other file formats to the m4v file formats. I have just converted one of my video with success and when I opened it first it was working very well. But, at the start there is a short blast of sound before the video begins. Is there any way that I can cut this out? As, there are only few programs are compatible to recognize and read the m4v files.

Re: How to cut the few seconds of part from the m4v file?

M4V files are the type of files that are file format of the iTunes video file. This is the common file but used as the non-standard MPEG-4 file extensions. There is software called “M4V Trimmer”. This will allow you edit the video that you want to. You can use this by following steps:
    • Download and install this software.
    • From the menu click on the open file to load the M4V files. Click on the button that is present next to the Add file to make it ON.
    • At bottom you will find a drop down list, from there you can click on the format of the output you want.
    • To get it started:
    o Find out the start time by dragging the slider bar.
    o In the set start button set the time from where you want to begin.
    o To start the trimming, click on the bended arrow.
    • After it is done click on the open button to see the video that was trimmed.

I think you can use any video converter to edit or covert the video files. But before that you need to change the file format to the .avi or .mkv format. I am using the virtualdub software to edit or convert the files that I want. It requires the key frames. You need to mention the start and the end time for trimming the video. I have been using this for my avi file formats for more than a year and it is very easy to use.

If you are using the Virtualdub, then you can open the video file from the file menu. If you see any pop up message saying that VBR audio stream detected, and then you must select the Nandub or Virtualdub MP3 Freeze otherwise you might get a sync problem with the audio. After that from the audio and video you need to select the direct stream copy. Now to start the editing you need to set the start time dragging the slide bar from where you want to start up with and also for the end time. After trimming save it as AVI. The trimming will take only few minutes of time.

There is software called the “MAC M4V Editor”, this will help you to crop videos, trim, take the image from the video files, adjust the video effects and also to merge two or more video clips together. When you install and run this software you will find three tabs at the bottom of the screen i.e. effect, trim and crop. If you want to trim the video then you can set the start and the end time by dragging the slider. After it’s over, you can see that you will be having the clip that you have selected.

I have been using the Wondershare Video Studio Express from long time to edit my iTunes videos. This is very simple software that allows you to edit you M4V files. All you need to do is just click on the Add Media and select the M4V file that you want to edit. After that you need to drag the timeline. At the bottom you will see tabs for crop, effect and rotate. After the editing is done you can export the file, where you want.